Saturday, September 17, 2005

When Palmdale Rocks the House

We rock it all the way down (grunt with pelvic thrust)!

This was our pre-work cheer today in the dining room. JOHNNY CARINO'S is an awesome place to work. But I'll get to that in a bit.

I actually slept last night! I fell asleep midnightish and didn't wake up til almost NOON! O dangit, that's a lot of sleep. I needed it though. I got myself together after some computer browsing and took a shower and got dressed. I worked on some "homework" for work (it was just a couple of worksheets) and then got the greatest text ever: "I'm home." Heather was home.

She came home for the weekend. I'm so excited to just be in the same city as her! So i got my work clothes together on a hanger and put it in my car and away I went. When I got to her house, I found myself in the midst of one of the greatest hugs EVER! We quickly got in my car and headed to BAJA FRESH for a late lunch. It was so much fun to just eat a meal with her!

Sadly enough, I had to go to work after just an hour and a half with her. Work began at 400 again and I was ready to learn today. It was a lot like yesterday with classes about our respective jobs and then eating. After eating, (which is really cool, cuz we're getting paid the whole time!) we had to clean up the whole restaurant to prepare for tomorrow. We are having live customers tomorrow for training (no, we're not open - we open officially on Wednesday) and so it had to be cleaned as if we had been opened for ten years. This was actually fun.

I worked til 945 or so and then headed back to Heather's, where we hung out in front of the tube, laughing at their new kitten, talking about JOHNNY CARINO'S, and watching good ol' EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND. I had to leave around 1230, as mi princessa was tired. Hopefully we'll get to hang out again tomorrow. That would be best.

Well, I'm hittin the hay, but that was my day (hey, that rhymed!). Hope everyone had a good Friday, and enjoy your weekend!

A woohoo!

- - - "Passion + Personal + Family + Welcoming + Quality + Value = Absolute Guest Satisfaction"
- - - Just another motto from the world of America's Favorite Italian Restaurant

Night,

JUSTIN

1 comment:

Cy said...

Glad it's been fun...

I plan on eating there ASAP.