Monday, September 05, 2005

A Reign Must Always End

I know it's late. I wasn't gonna post tonight. But, I'm kinda not tired and hoping that this will cause me to be so. We'll see.

I went to church this morning with the family and Heather. Our Assistant Pastor spoke today, as this was the last week that our Senior Pastor is on a brief summer vacation. He did a good job, and it was an interesting sermon, to be sure.

Afterwards, Heather headed to Palmdale to catch up with her grandparents, and she was gone until 400. Meanwhile, I did my other math lesson (with my new calculator - ooohh, I have a graphing calculator!) while I watched STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI (that's Episode 6 for those of who you don't know). That's right, while I did the lesson. I can multitask ladies and gentlemen. Then I popped in the bonus features disc of MILLION DOLLAR BABY and watched those.

When Heather came back we curled up together and fell asleep. These are among my favorite memories: Napping. I sleep best when she is around. We woke up around 515 and I got myself ready to go to my Poker game. While I was to be gone, Heather and my mom and sister were going to scrapbook. Fun, eh? So I went to play poker.

It was fun, I suppose. There were only 4 of us, as a few of our regulars weren't able to make it. We played for over 2 hours before someone finally busted out (unfortunately, me) and then it was only 20 minutes or so before the game was over. I was content with my play tonight, but I just didn't get the cards tonight. I had the chip lead at one point, but I doubled up one guy twice in a row (I had better cards both times) and that destroyed my stack. My reign as champion has temporarily ended, but I plan to regain control of my throne soon. Hopefully, next week.

I came home and me and Heather ate some pizza, watched some HOUSE, and EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND, and now it's bedtime for me. I'm tired now. I think I'll be able to sleep.

Happy Labor Day everyone - my recap of the holiday's happenings will be tonight's blog. I promise I'll do it before 2 in the morning. Goodnight for now and sleep well world.

- - - "You can't win 'em all."
- - - "That doesn't mean I don't want to!"


JUSTIN

No comments: