Saturday, September 10, 2005

Pier One, Popcorn, and Pining

So today was maybe one of the best days ever.

I slept in a bit too late, (1000) and got myself ready in a hurry. I ran a few errands that I had to do, and then it was off to Long Beach. I got out of town around 1145 and pulled up to Heather's apartment at 115. She began to cook lunch (homemade rice bowls - just like "The Crazy Chicken") and then we ate while listening to COLDPLAY (their album, "Parachutes"). She told me all about her day at school and the things that were going on. I really like listening to her talk.

We left her apartment around 230 and headed to a nearby park. We played frisbee for a bit and swung on the swings (when's the last time you did that?) which was loads of fun. We could only do this for so long, so we headed to PIER ONE IMPORTS to shop for a birthday present for her mom (Monday is the day). We were there for about a half hour and then headed to a store called WOW. It appeared to be a combination of THE GOOD GUYS and TOWER RECORDS. I don't know exactly, though. We browsed for a bit and then headed next door to BARNES AND NOBLE. More browsing ensued without a single purchase. I was kinda proud of us actually.

Then it was to the movies for the 445 showing of "RED EYE" at the AMC THEATRES located between the PIER ONE and the BARNES AND NOBLE. Convenient, is it not? So we watched the movie (Good movie; intense; short; not drawn out; clever; a B on the grading scale) with some popcorn and then the adventure began.

We were gonna head to an Art Museum that was reopening today. It was Free Friday or something, and it was supposed to be really nice. I followed the directions to where it was, and it was right around the Long Beach Convention Center (I saw Jimmy Eat World and Taking Back Sunday there!) and the Performing Arts Center. Turns out, there's crazy traffic and crazy people trying to park in every parking garage for an assumedly-sold-out-show. The performer: Jerry Seinfeld. No joke. I guess he was performing tonight down there, and we were o so close, yet o so far away. We drove around for a good 20 minutes looking for this Art Museum but it was to no avail. I commented that an adventure like this should end (and does in the movies) with Seinfeld himself running into us and pointing us in the right direction after a quick bite to eat.

This did not happen.

So we went all the way back to her apartment, or at least near it, for dinner. We went to a little place called CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN. Maybe you've heard of it? Yeah, so we ordered a Margherita Pizza to split and it was pretty awesome. Our dinner conversation was great. We were in tears we were laughing so hard. I say this only to make you jealous. It may not work, but it should.

We went back to her apartment and watched "MONSTER-IN-LAW". Funny film for what I saw. I had to leave before the end (house rules), but Heather assured me that it ended well and was funny throughout.

I HATE LEAVING HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So anywho, I got home in an hour and twenty minutes. I didn't go over 80 mph for an extended amount of time the whole way home. Sure I did to pass someone, but cmon, ya gotta speed up to pass 'em. I really don't like coming home on the 405/5/14 that late, but it's a small price to pay for spending a great day with my great gal. I miss her already!

I'm ready for bed. I'm certainly tired enough. I was supposed to have my first day of training tomorrow at JOHNNY CARINO'S, but the restaurant's opening got pushed back again. Training starts Wednesday now. I think we should get a check for waiting for this thing to open. But, that's just me talking.

Sleep well Internet-users. Have a blessed Saturday.

- - - "Don’t you know what I’m thinkin’?
Drivin’ 405 past midnight.
You know I miss you
Don't you know that I miss you?"

- - - "If you Don't Don't" by JIMMY EAT WORLD

Goodnight,

HUSTEEN

No comments: