Sunday, September 25, 2005

I Could Do That in My Sleep

I didn't fall asleep last night till 0430 or so. I woke up at 1230 and was just completely out of whack. It was pretty much just wake up, shower, eat lunch, watch a little bit of football, and get ready for work. I've been working like crazy! At least I don't go in again til Wednesday.

About work, I'm done doing my shpeel. I'm tired of saying the same thing over and over at every table I sit. It's only been a week of it too.

- - - "Here are your menus (give them to the guests, women first, then men). Is this your first time joining us at Johnny Carino's? (Depending on answer) Well I hope you enjoy your visit/Welcome back. This (handing them small form) is if you'd like to join Our Family and receive coupons and benefits via your email. We have several features this evening. One of them is the Spicy Crawfish Fettucine. It's crawfish, Italian sausage, fresh Roma tomatoes, onions and garlic, and it's all on fettucine and covered in a spicy romano cream sauce. It's very good, but it does have a kick to it, so you're going to have to like spicy foods to enjoy it. All of our spicier foods have a little flame next to the name in the menu (point to flame) and that just means that it's a little hotter than the rest of our items. Your server will be with you shortly and they'll answer all of your questions, ok? Ok great, enjoy your meal."

That's my monologue. Every table gets this! Whew I'm tired. I ran around alot again today doing table checks every five seconds and managing an hour wait.

It's hard work. My paycheck will be nice. I worked 33 hours this week.

I'm going to Long Beach tomorrow, cuz I don't have work or school. The dedicated student would stay home and take advantage of the free day.

Well that ain't me right now. I'm going to see my lady.

Have a nice night all. Sleep good.

JUSTIN

No comments: