Monday, September 12, 2005

Procrastination: O How You Haunt Me

Well today was a Monday like any other. A little bit o' fun. A little bit o' work. A little bit o' nothing. Sounds good, right? It was fine. . .

I woke up around 900 and hung out in bed waking up (I hate getting out of bed before I want to do so) til almost 1000. I showered and got myself dressed and such. Today is Heather's mom's birthday, so I was heading to her work with Chelsea and Jacque. We brought her flowers and a Happy Birthday balloon. We chatted for a half hour or so and then left. I came home and dilly-dallied til 130 or so. Finally, I decided to work on some homework.

Since I start at Johnny Carino's on Wednesday and that is the night I normally do my film homework, I decided to do it today. So I read all the notes online and then popped in RUMBLE FISH, a 1983 film by acclaimed director Francis Ford Coppola (the guy who did the GODFATHER movies). It was ok. I was bored and confused most of the time, but the hour and a half went pretty quickly. I posted my answers on the discussion board and took the quiz, which meant I am done with that class for another week!

I had dinner with my mom and dad (Carl's Jr. - ha ha) while watching "Friends", which is one of my all-time favorite shows. It was fun to kick back with them. It's been awhile.

The rest of the night was me trying to do my Philosophy essay. It is due tomorrow, and I really didn't wanna start it, despite the subject being of interest to me. The essay was discussing the validity of Socrates' statement "The unexamined life is not worth living". It had to be 1-2 pages, so that certainly wasn't hard. I just couldn't get myself to start it. Finally, I did, and hammered it out. It took me awhile, but only because I am easily distracted, especially when I am very willing to be distracted. Monday Night Football is a very good distraction too! It's done (2 full pages) and now I'm doing this. Fun times.

Well, this is now complete. Today wasn't so bad, I guess. Tomorrow I have school, so I gotta get up at 700. Sad times.

Well, that about does it for today. No revelations, evaluations, or remarks about the country today. I think I can go ONE day without something like that :)

Have a good Tuesday all - type at ya later.

- - - "If you're going to lead people, you have to have somewhere to go."
- - - The Motorcycle Boy (Mickey Rourke) in RUMBLE FISH

Later,

JUSTIN

No comments: