Sunday, September 11, 2005

The Law of Undulation

So you know what that is, right? The thing that's a roller coaster. For every high, you get a low, and it's as low as your high was. You get it? So, yeah, it's definitely true. Today sucked.

I woke up around 1100 and stayed in bed watching college football til noon. I hopped on the computer and talked with Heather for awhile (you'll notice that these moments are the best of my days) and we laughed at pictures and videos on www.funnyjunk.com - they were, in fact, funny. This only lasted so long though. She had to do homework and I had, well, nothing, but I wanted to be productive with her time, so I let her go.

I showered and called my friend Cy (his blog is at www.insidecy.blogspot.com) around 330 to see what was going on today. He said nothing was planned, and so I took that to mean that nothing was gonna happen. I watched 5 straight episodes of CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM and am now completely done with season 2. Season 5 begins in a week or so, but it's not a show that has an ongoing plot, so I can watch the new ones, and still catch up in the meantime, and not be lost. I like the show. It's really funny!

Even though I was doing funny-type things, I wasn't necessarily having fun. I rotated from downstairs with the family (dad was at work, but mom and siblings are around) to my computer pretty much all evening. Around 1100 or so I was on the computer again and Heather came on. We just finished talking, so that was fun. We played backgammon, checkers, and other assorted games via our messenger thingy and that was good times. She's great!

So now I'm tired, and yet, I don't wanna go to bed. I should want to, but I don't. I don't know.

Tomorrow is Sunday, and I might go see TRANSPORTER 2 with a couple friends (see, a plan!) so that should be ok. Poker usually happens Sunday nights, so we'll see if that happens. Tomorrow has GOT to be better than today!

You know, for all the bitching I do about my boring days, it still is head-and-shoulders above all those unfortunate people down in the Southeast. I pity them and am saddened greatly by all that has occurred. It's interesting how, even in moments of catastrophe, our country is so divided. Seriously, who gives a crap whether the government acted slow or not enough or whatever. Hanging out in the past is not gonna make this any easier. I say that people like Kanye West, who unintelligently said that "George Bush doesn't care about black people", need to get off their asses and give some of their millions to these people. I know he was on the NBC thing to raise money, (that's where he said that) but what is he doing? His most recent album (just released last week) sold over 860,000 copies! In one week! Cmon Kanye, how about you sell your bling and help someone get some of their life back. I would, but I have less than $300 to my name, so therein lies the problem. Our family has put together some clothing items that we are sending to try and do what we can. Do what you can people. I admire a guy like Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling. He has taken a family of 7 on to himself. He is putting them up in a hotel, and I assume is doing much to help them live day-to-day. He did this anonymously through a website, (of course once they found out who he was, it got out, but still) and I think that's great. Ok, freakin' Celine Dion is giving $1 million! Keep it up woman! I am NOT a fan of your work, but more power to ya!

Maybe someone's heart will go on. . .

Okay, so that was a bad joke. But now, I feel better; both about my day and myself. Sure, I was completely unproductive today, and will probably resent it later this week when I'm up to my neck in stuff to do, but at least I have stuff to do. I am thankful that it wasn't the California coast that was hit with this storm. I really am. You see, then I would have a legitimate reason to bitch, and I know that that's the last thing I need to be doing. Life lesson: The less bitching you do, the better.

So there you have it - a Saturday in the books.

O yes - happy September 11 day everybody (it's after midnight now). Just when you thought our country didn't have enough on its hands. Wow. Four years has flown by.

Sleep well folks - have a blessed Sunday.

- - - "Sky of blackness and sorrow (a dream of life)
Sky of love, sky of tears (a dream of life)
Sky of glory and sadness (a dream of life)
Sky of mercy, sky of fear (a dream of life)
Sky of memory and shadow (a dream of life)
Your burnin' wind fills my arms tonight
Sky of longing and emptiness (a dream of life)
Sky of fullness, sky of blessed life (a dream of life)"

- - - "The Rising" by Bruce Springsteen

Until Later,

JUSTIN

No comments: