Thursday, September 15, 2005

There is no Rest for the Weary

When I last left you I was heading to bed. Going to sleep proved to be a much harder task than previously thought. I didn't fall asleep until almost 400 this morning, and then had to wake up at 700 for school. Needless to say, I was (and am) tired. This has been true all day. What would have been nice was a relaxing day with maybe a nap mixed in there. But, as the title says, there is no rest for the weary. You'll see. . .

Went to school this morning. Today was SLOW!

PHILOSOPHY: O MY GOSH!!!!!!! This class is getting more boring everyday. There was no quiz today, so this gave our teacher an extra 20 minutes or so to lecture. Score! Her lecture lasted just over an hour and I can't believe I stayed awake. I did study for History a bit more while she was lecturing, so that was helpful. I don't know how this class can get any worse. O wait, I got my essay back from Tuesday - a 160/200. Unbelievable. Her comments on my essay were basically saying my opinions were no good, and that I was too broad. This frustrated me cuz I tried so hard this time to make it more specific. O well. Maybe next time.

HISTORY: I was only in class for a half hour today as it only took me that long to complete the test. I am 99.9% sure that I got all the answers right. We'll have to see when I get it back, but I'm certainly hopeful. This is a GREAT sign for this class. Maybe this will be my "A" class. .

MATH: Much of the same ol' same ol'. Not much to report really. There are now 2 girls in this class that really bother me. I'm glad that George is in the class, cuz he is definitely good to have around. I don't know who would laugh at my sarcasm. Probably no one, like usual :)

I went to IN-N-OUT for lunch (it's been awhile) and ate that rather quickly when I got home. Then it was study time, but this was for work. I was going to take the floor plan test (the table numbers) today at work, so I had to be ready. I did this (granted, while I was watching SEINFELD) until I had to get ready for work. I left for work at 340ish and was there in plenty of time to for my 400 shift.

It's the beginning of TRAINING as we know it at JOHNNY CARINO'S. We spent almost two hours in our respective areas learning from our training managers. I'm still nervous, but ready to see if I have what it takes. The last hour and a half was all eating! We got to just sit there and eat food of the menu so that we can tell of its wonders. It's very very good, let me tell you. I'll do an overall food thing this weekend after I've tried everything.

I got home at 830 or so and have been veggin since. I helped the big 8th grade sister with her Algebra homework (ah the good ol' days) and have just kinda taken it easy. Now I'm really ready for bed. I just watched the last half hour or so of BACK TO THE FUTURE: PART 3. I love these movies, and I thoroughly enjoy watching them everytime I do. Marty McFly may be the coolest character of ALL TIME (yes, I know what I said about Jason Statham last week, but, cmon, Marty McFly!)!!!!!!!!!

HEATHER IS COMING HOME TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I'm excited, and I really just wanna get to sleep so that tomorrow gets here sooner. I work at 400 again, so we'll see how this continues to go. Sleep well world. I know I will.

- - - "It means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. So make it a good one."
- - - Doctor Emmett Brown at the end of BACK TO THE FUTURE: PART 3

Night,

JUSTIN

No comments: