Tuesday, September 27, 2005

That's What She Said

This was the funniest line on tonight's new episode of THE OFFICE. This is a great show! Watch it please. I maintain my statement that I've made for almost a year now - Steve Carell is the FUNNIEST man on the face of this planet. It's true. You Will Ferrell fans can just shove it. This guy is the best. Just a thought. . .

So I got up at 700 this morning after a mere four hours of sleep. This is not enough. I get to school by 750 and begin a surprisingly quick day of school:

PHILOSOPHY - This class is ridiculously boring. After the daily quiz (perfect score today - sweet!) and turning in our essays (the one I finished in a half hour in the wee hours of this morning) we listened to our teacher ramble for an hour about the life of Aristotle. Not as interesting as one would think. I did learn one thing, though, but it is completely irrelevant. Ready? I don't think you are, but here it is. So there's this island over in the Middle East (that whole Greece, Italy, Istanbul crap over there) called Lesbos. Yes you read that right. Apparently it was named this after a woman who excelled in fields dominated by man, like art or something, and the word lesbian actually comes from this. Coincidentally enough, and this is the funniest part, our teacher showed us that this island looks eerily similar to a certain part of the female genitalia. This was certainly an interesting conversation before 900 in the morning, but it certainly grabbed all of ourattention. I thought it was hilarious. The fact that the word lesbian comes from a woman who was trying to do a man's job is priceless. Kinda puts things in perspective too :D

HISTORY - Same ol' same ol'. Not boring, but not altogether interesting. Extensive note-taking keeps me awake I think. This is still my favorite class though.

MATH - Meh. I'm so frustrated at this point. We have our second test on Thursday, and I am not so prepared. I'm four lessons behind (actually after working on it this afternoon, I'm only one behind) and those have to be done by Thursday. A funny thing happened today though. So our teacher (a reminder: he is an Asian guy - not Oriental, right Cy? - who speaks shotty English) does one of his many examples. I am way off with my answer and am flustered. So I say to myself, "God, why am I so far off?" I guess with the combination of my congestion and sore throat, my teacher heard something a bit different. Well Mr. Tran says loudly, and add your own fun Chinese accent to this "Uh oh, someone is using profanity in class." I asked who, and he pointed to me and said "You" after which I laughed and asked what I had said. So he whispers, but loud enough that I can hear "God, why I (bleep) up"! Well, at this point, I wanted to lose it. I corrected him, saying that I had said "far off", and we moved on. Well I hear this snickering behind me, and it's George, just laughing his fool head off. So, of course, I join him because it's just easier to laugh together. This was the highlight of my day.

After school, I got on the phone to my friends Justin and Cy trying to organize a little hangin out. Justin agrees to come over and we'll figure something out. We end up going to Cy's at 1430 or so and just hanging out til Justin has to leave at 1630 for work. I head home and get the aforementiond math lessons done. Dinner with the fam is fun, as I'm shown more and more how fortunate that I am. I am truly blessed.

I head to Cy's again a little after 1900 for a rousing game of Poker. It's just 5 guys - me, Cy, George, and fellow graduates Jordan and Scott - and it's a cheap $5 buy-in. Within the first hour or so, Scott and Jordan - the 2 novices - bust out. The remaining three is as I had predicted. I figured Cy would be out next, and it sure looked that way, until he caught a full house on the river at the same unfortunate (for me) time that I caught an Ace-high straight. I went all-in confidently, and even said "Pay up" only to be blown completely out of the water.

I was pissed, needlees to say.

But, it was Georgie boy to the rescue, as he took Cy down with only interruptions by episodes of MY NAME IS EARL and THE OFFICE to prolong the victory. I have to admit that I was rooting for the guy. Sure, I was mad that Cy knocked me out, but cmon, it was cool to watch George win. Kudos to him.

I came home after chatting with George for a good 20 minutes and hopped on the computer, which is where I sit now. I'm tired. I have a full plate of catch up work (including watching the three hour long MAGNOLIA for film class) to do before I go to work at 1630. I don't wanna work tomorrow. O the things we do for money.

Sleep well, and see you tomorrow night. Well, not "see" per se, but you get the picture.

- - - "The Amish don't use the internet. Probably because of how slow dial-up is."
- - - Quote from Dwight Shrute's (character from THE OFFICE) Blog

Night world,

husteen

No comments: