Wednesday, September 07, 2005

As Clear as an Unmuddied Lake

Today was interesting. Today was odd. Today was not an overall great day. It was ok.

I woke up at almost 1000 and puttered around for awhile. My monitor was supposed to be coming via UPS today, and I was kinda waiting for it. I got in the shower finally, and wouldn't ya know, it comes while I'm in the shower. Once I'm all clean and such, I took the boxes upstairs to my room and began setting up my monitor and speakers. My monitor is a 19'' MONSTER and its pretty freakin awesome! My speakers are sufficient, as I'm not planning on blaring the music THAT loud.

I read my lesson plan (called a Module) for my online film class and set up the movie. This week's film was the ultra-violent, ultra-bizarre, and ultra-everything-else "CLOCKWORK ORANGE", written and directed by the now-deceased Stanley Kubrick. I watched it, occasionally interrupted by everything possible, in about three hours (its a little over 2 hours in length) and then posted my comments on the internet discussion board for my points. I guess I liked the movie. It was really crazy, and there were several parts that blew my mind (I guess it was originally rated X upon its release, but was later edited to make it R). I might watch it again; if I'm bored. Tonight's title is a quote from the movie. The main character used it several times and I like the sound of it.

The rest of my evening has been revolving around my computer. At this exact moment I hate it. It is just causing me and my mom headaches at this point. Hopefully it will start to cooperate. I do like having a computer in my room though. It's pretty cool.

I have my first MATH exam tomorrow, and I'm only partially ready. I really need to finish this last lesson, but I can't figure out a few of the problems, and it's driving me batty. I should be fine tomorrow, but who knows? We'll just have to wait and see. We'll wait together, hows about?

I'm struggling right now. I miss Heather a lot! Let's just put it at that. I miss her. But hark, Friday is but a day away, and I get to go down to see her then! Maybe there IS light at the end of this week's tunnel. Again, we'll see.

- - - Even the best fall down sometimes
- - - Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
- - - Out of the doubt that fills my mind
- - - I somehow find
- - - You and I
- - -Collide

- - - Howie Day - "Collide" (fantastic song)

Goodnight world,

JUSTIN

No comments: