Monday, September 19, 2005

A Full Tummy is a Happy Tummy

It's true - And yes, I used "tummy" in that. I have a 4-year-old brother, cmon! "Tummy" just comes out. . .

So I made sure that I was up and moving by 930 or so. I wanted to get some work done today. After a bit of waking up and showering, I made myself an early lunch and began "Touch of Evil" where I last remembered it. I finished it and did the homework online for it. The movie was okay I guess. I can see the cinematic value of it and why it's kinda referred to as a classic, but it didn't quite do it for me. I was mostly bored, I guess. I've seen too many modern thrillers I guess. Films like "SE7EN", "MINORITY REPORT", and "COLLATERAL" are great modern thrillers that are really awesome and intense. Go see these films if you haven't already. They all ROCK my socks, mmhmm!

I got some math work done and such, but it was soon time to head to work. I had to be in at 400 (1600 in military time) and was not too thrilled about it either. I got there and actually did NOTHING until after 530. Turns out, we don't have our occupancy license yet and that the city of Palmdale were being pricks and not letting us do role play with guests anymore. I've heard from many different sources that the city of Palmdale is really difficult to get anything done with. So, we had to role play with one another (man, that could be taken the completely wrong way!) which ended up quite nicely. We split the staff in half. One half went outside and then came in as customers. We hosts sat them and the remaining servers served them and so on. After they were done eating and such, we switched roles. I was in the first serving, second eating group. This was the better group to be in to be sure. We did our job first and then got to relax (on the clock mind you) the rest of the night. I ate our 12-Layered Lasagna, (O MY GOSH it rocks!) had a cherry coke, and finished it off with an Apple Tort. This is an open-faced apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and caramel (pronounced care-uh-mel by the way) sauce drizzled all over it. I was and still am quite full. This was definitely yummy, and satisfying. I got off work a little after 900 and headed home.

Oh, and by the by, we now open on THURSDAY, which means I don't work opening day! Hazah!!! So come in this weekend between 400 and 1000 (1600 and 2200 for you military enthusiasts) and I'll show you to your table. Maybe. If you're nice.

I came home, talked over the night's events with the family, helped the sister with her math homework (goodness, 8th grade Algebra is easy!) and then started working on my own. Now that this thingy is done, I can go to bed shortly. I have school tomorrow and then work for a bit.

Hope tomorrow is good for all of you and me (hey, I can want a good day). Enjoy your Tuesday all. Sleep well and sweet dreams.

- - - "What does it matter what you say about people?"
- - - Final line of "Touch of Evil" (No relevance really, just kind of a cool line)

Goodnight,

JUSTIN

No comments: