Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Slow and Steady is Boring

Today was a VERY slow day. It actually feels like it's much later than the late time that it already is. What do I mean, you ask? I feel like I've been awake forever. I don't like it.

I woke up, very unenthusiastically, at 700 and got ready for school. I was at school and in my desk at 745, not really ready for the day that awaited me.

PHILOSOPHY: Took a quiz, and that's about as eventful as it got. I got 'em all right today, which was nice. She lectured. And lectured. And lectured. And lectured. And, you get the point? It's not so bad if it's interesting, but when it's not, O MY GOSH!!! Everyone had the weighted down eyes and it looked like a funeral in the class, it was so silent. O boy.

HISTORY: Not a real class today, as we have all the notes necessary for Thursday's first exam. Jaffe went over the exam (what to expect, how to prepare) and then our term paper, due in November. Sounds interesting. I shouldn't have a problem doing this one. I'm almost excited for it. Almost.

MATH: Also kinda boring today. Found out that my group all got a 100 percent on Thursday's exam. That was exciting, to say the least. Again, George and I had to entertain ourselves with constant jokes and laughter. It worked, for the most part.

I came home, ate lunch, and again resorted to the dilly-dallying until 400 when my mom and I headed to Palmdale to go shopping for my uniform stuff. I had to get non-slip shoes, black socks, and a couple pair of black pants and collared black shirts. We went to the new Super Wal-Mart (it is, in fact, super - super BIG, that is) and Kohl's and were quite successful. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new job. I am marginally excited at this point. I'll bet I'll be a bit more pumped tomorrow afternoon - I go in at 400.

Once we got home, we ate dinner (hot dogs and mac and cheese - yummy! ha ha) and hung out for a bit. I watched some TV, most notably the season 2 premiere of HOUSE. It was a great beginning to what promises to be a great season. LL Cool J guest-starred as the main patient in this episode and did a dang convincing job too. Kudos to him.

Now I REALLY need to go to bed, as I got only about 5 hours of sleep last night. Lazy days and lazy minds combined equals tiredness. And, in fact, I am tired. So I will now go to bed.

Tomorrow promises to be exciting, interesting, and, well, exciting! Can't wait to relay it all out to all four of you. You see, that's a joke. Get it? . . .

Well, I've been listening to my beloved THE KILLERS all afternoon and evening. They are amazing! If you don't like them, I say you are just silly. If you do like them, yay for you, cuz you have certainly treated yourself well. That is all on that.

Goodnight world - Thanks for a boring day

- - - "Dreams aren't what they used to be
Some things slide by so carelessly"
- - - "Smile Like You Mean It" by the aforementioned THE KILLERS

JUSTIN

No comments: