Tuesday, September 06, 2005

All Surfer Words Apply

This includes rad, tubular, far-out, gnarly, awesome, and stoked. These describe my mood after today. You'll see why. . .

So I went to school today. I woke up at 7 and was at school at 745. Here is a quick summary of the classes today:

PHILOSOPHY: Took a quiz (80 out of 95) and listened to an extremely boring lecture. Today was the first day I felt like falling asleep. I think my head did that bob thing a few times actually. I hope this class gets more interesting.

HISTORY: Same old, same old. Lecture was interesting and the topic and the teacher is entertaining. I like this class more everyday; especially with the preceding class the way it is.

MATH: Not bad I guess. We had to do a group project thing dealing with loans and payments and such. I was glad to have my new caluclator (thanks mom); it is freakin' amazing! Although the assignment wasn't all that difficult, the company was. A girl, who I had not 5 minutes before claimed to be a person I didn't like, was in my group, along with my DCHS alumni Angela. O the tests we are put to. I now see God's wacky sense of humor. I get the joke. I guess I'll laugh later. I contained myself (for the most part, I guess) but did manage one quote that even surprised me. This girl asked me why I was checking all her answers before I put them down on my paper. "You don't trust me?" she asked. My witty reply: "Trust is something you earn, not something you deserve." I know it sounds scripted, and maybe it came from watching too much HOUSE, but still, that is, verbatim, what I said. I patted myself on the back later.

I came home to my new computer! And for lack of a better joke: "Dude! I got a DELL!" Or at least I thought I did. Of 4 boxes, I only received 2 (the computer and the printer). This means the monitor and the speakers are coming tomorrow, most likely, and it meant that disappointment was an understatement about how I felt inititally. I was excited, sure, but also bummed (ooh, bummer, there's another one!). My mom suggested we bring the main computer's monitor upstairs and use it to set everything up (brilliant). We did and got a majority of it ready to go. Once my monitor comes in, it should just be a quick plug-in and I'll be ready to go. I can't wait! I'm, in a word, stoked.

So, yeah, most of my afternoon was composed of cleaning up my desk area to make room for my computer and then messing with the beast itself. Good stuff. Later, I watched another couple HOUSE episodes (needed a refill) and began Season Two of CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM which came in the mail today via blockbuster.com (we're cancelling it in favor of the much-quicker netflix). I really like this show. It's all improv, but you'd never know it, with the way they act. It's really fantastic, and hilarious to boot. More great stuff.

All this to say I have very little to complain about. Sure I miss my Heather, but I always do, so there's nothing new there. Fortunately enough, there are no new things that have come to discourage me. I'm gonna hang in there and be just fine; and be as cynical as always.

- - - "Wanting to believe the best about people doesn't make it true"
- - - Dr. House

(I thought this went well with my own statement in math class - I still am unsure if it actually came out, but now I remember the excitement I felt, and yes, I did say it out loud.)

Sleep well people and have a good middle-of-the-week-day (that means Wednesday)

JUSTIN

1 comment:

Cy said...

OH MY GOSH! What the heck is with all the advertising!? Glad you got your comp finally.