Sunday, September 18, 2005

Stop All the World Now

FYI, this is the title of the super-awesome CD by Howie Day. This guy rocks! But, it's also what I've been thinking as of late. . .

Man, I'm tired.

So I didn't post yesterday. Sorry. I know, I know. You NEED to know my daily routines, and I understand that, but I just couldn't. Please forgive me. Yesterday, I woke up between 1100 and 1200 and did some studying for my Host tests for work. I didn't do much, (I truthfully cannot remember) but I had to be at work at 400. I left early and stopped by Heather's for about a half hour. This was great! Then I pulled into the parking lot at work and the rest of my day was here.

I worked from 400-1115! The first hour was test-taking, and the following five hours were live table action. We had guests, despite not being open yet, who came in with an invitation only. It was hectic, but it was also fun putting what we had learned into action. Seating isn't hard, and to be honest, it's actually pretty easy. I was the closing host (not voluntarily) and had to stay and be the last one evaluated and then make sure the host stand was spotless. I finally got outta there at 1115, and luckily enough, Heather was still awake. I called her and headed over. A couple hours of hanging out and chatting with Chelsea and Jacque, who got home around 1200, added to my already tiredness, meant that I was not driving home. I crashed on their couch, setting an alarm for this morning. I slept not-so-good, waking up at least five times and then falling back asleep throughout the night. Each time I fell back asleep, I had a different dream, but ALL of them had one thing in common: JOHNNY CARINO'S. I have been working too much.

I woke up at 830 or so to a wonderful egg and ham sandwich made my by wonderful Heather. We ate and then I had to head home to get ready for church. I did so, Heather came over when she was ready, and we headed to church. It was a reunion of sorts there, as we sat by our Junior and Senior Bible teacher Dr. Roland. It's been awhile since he's seen either of us, so that was cool catching up. After church, Heather had to leave to have lunch with Chelsea and then head back to Long Beach. Big fat bummer! So we said goodbye, and then the downward spiral continued on from there.

It was only 1215 and I didn't have to work til 500. This gave me plenty of time to catch up on work and maybe even get ahead. So, I read my notes for this week's film class and put in the movie to watch. It's called "Touch of Evil" and it's a 1958 black-and-white film by Orson Welles. So, as I was extremely exahusted from working through the night (ha ha) I unfortunately fell asleep about a half hour into it. I was out til 400 and when I woke up I was pissed! I completely wasted a good hour and a half, and I didn't feel any better. O well.

So I got ready for work and then was off to work, which was really good tonight. I was the Desk Coordinator (which means I tell the host's where to seat the parties and kinda just run things) and I took to it really well. Tonight we had V.I.P.'s (including the brother owners of JOHNNY CARINO'S - Holy Crap!) and even the trainers were nervous, so they didn't tell us - well our trainer told me :D My trainer said I did "awesome", so that counts for something. I DID NOT close tonight, so I was off at 930 and home by quarter til ten. I talked to Heather on the way home. I miss her.

Now I'm even more tired, but I'm gonna try and catch up on some Math homework tonight. We'll see. Tomorrow is gonna be B-U-S-Y with homework and such in the morning and then work from 400-1000. I work every day this week 'cept for Thursday! Makin bank, sure, but also makin for tired Justin. It's just what happens. I hope my body holds up :D

Have a great week y'all. It's Monday yet again. Man, I'm gonna be busy. I spose (my abbreviation for "suppose") that's just life. Well, here goes nothing.

- - - "Make me fall down
Make me get up
And if I'm alright
Make sure I'm scared to death
Maybe I'm useless
Just couldn't remember
Maybe I'm nervous
And I'll make you surrender"
- - - "I'll Take You On" by Howie Day

Night now,

JUSTIN

1 comment:

Justin Gott said...

well, um, since I don't know who you are . . ha ha - no, i mean 400 pm, but you see, i'm lazy - i won't even capitalize i's :D