Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Westwood, Wishing, and White Sox

So it's been a couple days - Hey I told you it would be. Don't be mad. There's lots that's been happening the last 2 days. That, mixed with with my tired self right now, may lead to an interesting post. We'll see how it goes. . .

So yesterday (wait, that would be Tuesday then right?) I had school. Here's the recap:

PHILOSOPHY: I honestly can't remember much about it. It was as slow as Shaq in the fourth quarter and as boring as one of those high school English Literature books (you like the analogies - expect many more). Not much to report from ancient Greece.

HISTORY: Got my test back from last week: 98. I was pretty happy to say the least. Just gotta keep it up.

MATH: Lessons were not bad, lecture was boring yet entertaining thanks to George and me making fun of Tran every 10 seconds, and we got a take-home test that's due Thursday (now tomorrow). Again, not a whole lot happenin.

So I left here and headed home to my leftover Johnny Carino's lasagna. It tastes just as good, if not better than the first time. So after I ate I hung around for a little bit and then was off to Los Angeles, specifically Westwood for a fun thing! After I got gas I was on my way. I finally arrived (not without making a couple wrong turns) around 1645. The book signing that I was going to (Bill Simmons) didn't start til 1800 so I was just early. I was among maybe 10 guys that were there and the geekiness in the room just radiated from us. Once The Sports Guy got there, we formed a line (of which I was about 5th) and waited our turn. He was really laid back and took his time with each person which was quite cool. My turn came and I was just so stoked! I shook his hand and had him sign both books that I had (one for me and one for my cousin Travis who lives in Maryland - he's a Red Sox fan and his birthday is this weekend) as well as the box of CRACKER JACKS that they had given us as a snack but that I had not opened. I figured I would just have him sign that too! So I had to decide on what he was gonna write in my book because that was something he was saying to do. I had a list of possible quote-things and finally decided on "Not only is it ok to hate the Lakers, it's right. Stand firm." He laughed and actually kept my list. For Travis' book, he wrote "You have the coolest cousin ever", which he also found funny. I thought that was kinda cool. I walked away feeling quite satisfied yet wishing that I could have hung out and chatted about sports with him. Maybe someday. Who knows?

So I hit the freeway and was soon in Long Beach with my baby. We chatted about her day at school and randomness like that and watched some Family Guy that I had brought. After a couple of episodes we only had a little bit of time to cuddle (hey, cmon, it's ok to do that). I left at 2245 and began the long trek home. I actually got to listen to the last two innings of the game (that would be Game 3 of the World Series for those 2 people on the planet who don't know it's going on right now) because it was in the 13th inning when I got in the car. I got home at 0015 this morning very exhausted. I wish I didn't have to leave her. I can't wait til Saturday! I don't have to work and so we get to go on a date which will be nice.

I woke up at 1030 this morning and was soon again on the computer. My dad brought me some IN-N-OUT which was definitely much appreciated. Thanks Dad. I watched some TV (the usual sports stuff) and also e-mailed The Sports Guy in regards to WNBA player Sheryl Swoopes and her "coming out" party (for those of you who don't know, she is apparently a lesbian - SHOCKER!). I won't say much of what I wrote, but I wasn't very excited about the whole idea. Seriously, I figure she's just one of half the players in the league who agree with her sexual orientation. Whatever.

I worked on my Math test for a little bit and then I had to get ready for the ol' work. I did and was ready and at work at 1630. We weren't busy at all tonight and we actually got off of our wait by about 2000. I was able to watch the last inning of Game 4 of the World Series which proved to be the last inning of baseball til the spring. Congratulations Chicago White Sox on your first championship since 1917! It was much deserved.

I hung out for a little bit and chatted with Chelsea and then headed home. I called and chatted with my baby girl for a little while which was absolutely GREAT! I love hearing her voice. That's just a side note - -

I finished up my test with the help of George via the ol' cell phone (don't worry it's allowed) and am now again on the computer. Now I'm actually VERY tired and ready for school (but not really). So sleep well all.

- - - "Sure I'll hang on to it. You know, I actually do tend to run out of things to write."
- - - Bill Simmons (The Sports Guy) after taking my list. Cut me some slack - he's my favorite writer!

Night world,

JUSTIN

No comments: