Sunday, October 09, 2005

A Peanuts Moment

Y'all know Peanuts, right? The Charlie Brown/Snoopy comic strip? Yeah you do. I'll get to it later. But I felt like I was in the middle of one today. It wasn't so much funny, though. . .

So I woke up and went to church with the family. Pastor Dave spoke really well today. "Living right is a fight of faith and action." It was good. I'm a shmuck. This is what I learn at church. I am no good. And I realize this anew every week. I think that's good, but I don't know.

So we came home (after picking up Casita Lopez to go) and I ate upstairs watching football while everyone else ate in the living room while watching NASCAR (I'm the only one who doesn't like it). I spent some time on the computer, helped my sister with her math homework, wrestled with the brother, and watched some baseball. I began watching Game 4 of the Atlanta Braves (my team) and Houston Astros around the 7th inning. The game went all the way into the 16th (stupid Braves' bullpen gave up a 6-1 lead by the end of the 9th inning) before I had to leave for work. I listened to the game on the radio on the way and it was entering the 18th inning (making it the longest game in postseason history) when I had to go and clock in. Unfortunately, none of our bar TV's had the game on so I couldn't know who won or whatnot. Until later. . .

So work tonight: it was crazy again! At one point we had a parties of 15, 10, 9, 8, and 7 and boy was that fun to try and organize! Being the desk coordinator (no one else will do it) is where I prefer but I get a lot of crap from one of the girls. Loud crap. Annoying crap. She freakin makes scenes in front of customers! It's ridiculous. Seriously, except for the ones I know and like, white girls (as a whole) suck. They really do. Especially the spoiled, whiny ones. Those ones really suck. So this girl is just driving me up a tree. She is ridiculous. Let's put it this way: I will never name my daughter Tiffany, ok? When she talks to me, at this point, it all sounds like the teacher from Peanuts: "Wah wah wah" (you know what I mean). I got off early though. 2100. That was nice.

So I got home and found out that the Braves lost on a home run in the 18th inning. Bah humbug says I! That leaves the Angels as the only rooting-worthy team remaining. We'll see if they can hang in there. I really wanna get into sports broadcasting, and I realize that more everyday. I'd be perfect for it. We'll see what my future has in store for me.

So I just finished watching the last 45 minutes or so of SHAUN OF THE DEAD. Great movie. Funny. Gory. British. What else can you ask for? If you like movies like DAWN OF THE DEAD, 28 DAYS LATER, or any George Romero film then you'll think this movie is funny and well worth your time. Rent it today!

Ok world, nighty night. I'm tired. No work or school tomorrow, but I will be trying to catch up a bit on my work. We'll see how that goes. . .

- - - "You've gotta deal with those types of things or you're not gonna be around this league too long."
- - Steve Grogan (I know he's talking about the NFL, but I found it relevant to my co-worker challenges)

Later,

JUSTIN

No comments: