Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Shenanigans

This is the name of the restaurant in the new movie WAITING. . . I saw it today with the guys (Cy and Justin). Funny stuff. Dane Cook should have had a bigger role. But I'll get to the movie later. . .

So I woke up around 1030 or so and watched some TV as I came to my senses. I took a shower and got myself ready. Justin came over a little before noon and then we headed to Cy's house. We knocked on the door and lo and behold Cy came to the door about half asleep. This is something we anticipated. We actually wagered between the two of us what time he had gone to sleep. We guessed 400 in the morning. We were a half hour early (it was 430). So the two of us headed to CAMPOS, which is a Mexican restaurant kinda like CASITA LOPEZ. So we ordered food and then waited forever as they prepared it. It took them almost a half hour to make 6 tacos and a burrito. I normally don't complain (and I didn't) but it was kinda ridiculous. So anyway, we got our food and picked up Cy and went to the movies.

So we get to the theater (that would be our grand CINEMARK 22, which freakin raised their prices a quarter!) at 1250, which was when the movie began. We walked into the theater with our bag holding three styrofoam boxes with our lunch. Surprisingly enough to me and Cy, they let us in without stopping us or taking our food. So we get in the theater during the trailers and take a seat. The movie was pretty funny. There were funny moments and somewhat funny moments and then stupid moments, but as a whole it was good enough to receive a B- grade. Dane Cook has the funniest lines and he has less than 10 actually, so that kinda sucks. A must see if you have ever worked in a restaurant.

Afterwards, we went back to Cy's for a little bit. We just hung out. It's probably the last time that the three of us will hang out. Cy is heading to the Philippines on Sunday for 5 months. It kinda sucks. I would always be able to go to Cy's at like 2300 or some odd time for a game of poker or stupid Comedy Central shows, or internet browsing of weird crap. Cy's a cool guy and we're gonna miss him around here. Aww touching I know, but seriously, it's true.

So I headed home and got ready for work. I got there at 1630 and worked til 2200. Tonight was actually pretty good. No complaints by me. More nights could be like tonight. That would be just fine with me.

Now I'm home and ready for bed. I'll probably go read my book for a bit and then go to sleep. I have school tomorrow (boo to that) and then I 'm not sure. I gotta do my film homework sometime tomorrow though. Dangit, I just remembered. O well.

Sleep good all -

- - - "The difference between "ordinary" and "extraordinary" is just that little "extra".
- - - Line from WAITING. . .

JUSTIN

No comments: