Thursday, October 06, 2005

O Clerks, Where Art Thou Dodgeball?

Well that's just the combination of 3 titles of movies that I watched some of today. But I'll get to that in a bit. . .

I woke up at 0715 not wanting to get up at all and headed to school:

PHILOSOPHY - It was boring for awhile and I think I actually caught a few Z's but then we had a group discussion. This simply made the class go by faster. It was ok. My midterm essay is due next Thursday. It's a compare/contrast of Plato and Aristotle and their philosophies and such. Not that hard, but the difficulty is in actually doing it.

HISTORY - Got our tests back and I got a 95! It was cool to get another A. I'm happy with that. The way the class works is that we have 5 tests and 1 gets dropped (our lowest grade). So, if I continue to get A's then I would theoretically not have to take the final test. That would be cool. We'll see.

MATH - Today was actually good because we didn't have a new lesson. We had to present our group projects, which went really well. We laughed and joked and it was pretty fun, that is, for me and George, cuz we made fun of the brown-nosers and such. Great comedy.

I got home and got right to work on my film homework. The movie this week was O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU? which is one of my favorite films of all-time. As I read the lesson plan and began the questions I had the movie going on in the background. I ended up sitting down and watching the last hour of it just because it draws me in so well. I really love this movie!!!

After this I didn't do a whole lot actually. A little bit later I put in CLERKS. It's funny, but not as groundbreaking as I had expected from all the hubbub around it. After this, I went downstairs and ate some CASITA LOPEZ that my parents had brought home. We ate while watching the Atlanta Braves/Houston Astros playoff game. I love October for the baseball playoffs. It's just such a great time fo the year! Go Braves (they're my team) and go Red Sox (I hate the Yankees, so. .) says I!

After dinner I came upstairs and worked on the computer for a bit and then watched DODGEBALL: A TRUE UNDERDOG STORY on HBO. It's funny for anyone who thinks people getting knocked around by dodgeballs is funny. I dig it. Maybe you will too.

I gotta get some sleep. Heather's comin home tomorrow and I also have to work at 1600. Boo to that! Sleep well world. I'm sure you will.

- - - "It's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart."
- - - Ulysses Everett McGill (George Clooney) in O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU?

Night,

Husteen

No comments: