Monday, November 07, 2005

Welcome to the Suck

Saw JARHEAD today (that's the tagline and oft-used phrase from the film) - good stuff. A more extensive look on the film will happen a few paragraphs down though. First, the other stuff. . .

I woke up around 1030 and got in the shower around noon. After the shower, I did a Philosophy quiz that is due tomorrow. It didn't take me very long at all. Not too much later, it was just about time to go to the movies. Me and my dad were at Cinemark 22 at the 3:00 showing of JARHEAD. It was fairly crowded for a Monday afternoon.

JARHEAD: A-

Great stuff. Thought-provoking. Profanity-laced. Real. Gritty. Surprisingly funny. Tough. Attention-garnering. Not boring. Intriguing. Suddenly ended. 2 hours long. King Kong trailer. Great acting from Jake Gyllenhal, Jamie Foxx, and Peter Skarsgaard. Sam Mendes rocks in his third movie (director). Great visuals. Oil. Dirt. Pain. Santa hat thong. Iraqis. Guns. War. Is. Hell.

My thoughts I guess begin and end with this: If war is like that, I don't wanna go. I would go if I was called upon, but I will not enlist in the Marines or any of those branches for kicks and giggles. They mean business and that point is clear from this movie. I will be the first to say that I am not man enough to go through that. It's just that simple. I would get buff though. . .

So we came home and ate dinner and then we watched the Indianapolis Colts/New England Patriots game on MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. I had found out earlier that I was already gonna win the week ($85) no matter what happened tonight. But, as mentioned earlier, there is no record of a perfect week in this here pool. Ever. Go Colts!

Well now there is. The Colts won and that put me at 14-0 for the week. Sweet action.

After the game, I got on my computer and started work on an essay for Philosophy (also due tomorrow). It's just 1-2 pages, which I can BS in just a few minutes. While I worked on that, I got to talk with Mr. Cy Serrano, my Filipino friend in the homeland. He texted me telling me he was on Yahoo Instant Messenger and we talked for a good 40 minutes in between his classes. The weirdest part was it being in the afternoon tomorrow for him and the waning hours of today for me. That's crazy! I miss the guy. We had a fun convo and I look forward to ones in the future. If I was getting married this weekend (calm down, I'm not gonna do that for quite a few more weekends) this guy would be my Best Man. Hands down. It would be hard since he is on the other side of the world and all, but we could work it out. He's awesome. Straight up.

Now I'm tired and have to go to bed cuz I have school tomorrow. Dangit. Week 12. Woohoo!

- - - "(expletive) politics. We're here -- that's all that matters."
- - - Troy, (Peter Sarsgaard) a Marine, in JARHEAD

Night globe,

J-Go

1 comment:

Cy said...

Best man eh? Wow. That's saying something!

You're only saying that cause i'm the only one who reads this, huh?

lol just playing man. I'm honored...

(tear.)

Love you, dood.

not in the gay way cause... yeah.
but in the brother way cause... yeah.