Sunday, November 20, 2005

Weekend Grab-Bag - Cuatro

That's "four" in Spanish. But I'm sure you knew that. This is the fourth version of the Weekend Grab-Bag. Welcome. And as always friends, this is not chronological. . .

- So I got this e-mail from Six Flags Magic Mountain cuz I'm on their mailing list (I used to have a season pass and remain on their list, I guess) about their brand spanking new roller coaster that is due out next Spring. Welcome to the world of TATSU: http://www.sixflags.com/parks/magicmountain/ . . . Is that not the worst name in the history of roller coasters? I vote yes. The coaster looks awesome; it's one of those flying coasters. It's actually quite predictable that Magic Mountain, THE hot spot for roller coasters, would go with one of these next. Cool coaster, yes, but terrible name. And that's that.

- Watching SIN CITY right now as I blog. Great film. In my TOP 5 for 2005. But more on that come December. Rough. Gritty. That's good stuff, if you ask me. O and Cy, I counted, and it's definitely under 10 seconds. Definitely.

- I saw HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE on Saturday with Heather, Chelsea, and Jacque. I liked it, I guess. I think the last one (PRIZONER OF AZKABAN) was better, and remains my fave of the series. I do have to say that movies just plain astound me nowadays. There were images in GOBLET that were incredible and for that, I give it a B. But, I was confused at several times (I know it's cuz I haven't read the books - and don't plan to do so - but they should make the films so you don't HAVE to have read the books) so for that, it's a C+. However, Harry got all sorts of emo in this film (the hairdo, the angst - I was just waiting to see a Jimmy Eat World poster up by his bunk) so it's back up to a B. When we see Lord Voldermort for the first time, he's scary and amazingly made-up. Yes, that's Ralph Fiennes. Amazing. B+. Not enough Professor Snape: B. All this added up: B-. Yeah, that's good.

- Ah yes, notes on the 2 highly-anticipated trailers in front of GOBLET: 1) SUPERMAN RETURNS: Next summer's sure-to-be-gigantic hit. The trailer was perfect for a teaser and actually gave me goosebumps. No Lex Luthor (to-be-played by the perfect Kevin Spacey) in the teaser, but I'm excited regardless. Link: http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/supermanreturns/teaser/teaser_hi.mov 2) LADY IN THE WATER: The new film from M. Night Shyamalan. I will see it for Paul Giamatti, not for Shyamalan. I was way disappointed with THE VILLAGE, let's put it that way. Now, the trailer is so intriguing, I don't know what else to say. It ends by saying "A Bedtime Story written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan". The trailer's not online yet. I'll let you know when it is.

- I worked on Friday and Sunday. Friday I worked alongside the following hosts: 1) AM Host - it's completely different from PM, especially on a Friday. She started wiggin out on us when we only had a half hour wait. She was cut around 1830 though. It was for the better. It's true. 2) Curbside girl - on her first ever stint as a Host. She was actually my best sidekick that night. She may never Host again, but she had a good first time. 3) PM Host who doesn't work hard - she started (when we opened) as one of my favorites, but now, she is pretty incompetent in my eyes. Dangit. It was stressful. Plus, I have been dealing with a stomach thing the last week and this just added to the fun. Meh. Tonight was ok. Not too busy. So I worked 23 hours this week. Nice.

- Stacked a full cord of wood over at Heather's on Friday. The 3 girls and I did the whole thing in a little less than an hour and it was art.

- Yeah, so Heather was home this weekend. The thing that sucks is that she's not home anymore. You see, home is with me. And she's not with me tonight. And that sucks. We were together a bit this weekend, but not nearly enough. Hurry future. Come quickly.

- Can you believe Thanksgiving is Thursday? Wow.

- I went 10-5 in the football pool today with the Monday Night game still to be played. It's average. I'm ok with that. My goal every week is 10 wins. I got it.

- Heather hung out with her friends Chary and Justine for a few hours on Saturday and then they all came over here and we watched ALADDIN. Yes, ALADDIN. Let me say one thing: Robin Williams is quite possibly the most talented man on the planet. That's right, I said it.

- I gotta write my entire History paper tomorrow. 3-5 pages. It's a "What If" paper where we have to essentially rewrite history. Could be fun. Could be tedious. We'll see.

- SCRUBS is the funniest show on television. Straight up.

I'm not sure what else can be said about this ol' weekend. Have a happy week and I'll be around every night like always. Happy days all - It's better that way.

- - - Currently listening to:
- GARDEN STATE soundtrack
- MOULIN ROUGE soundtrack (yeah, you read that right)
- The Exit

Goodnight fair world,

J

1 comment:

Cy said...

Yeah right dude! It's like 5 freakin minutes.

You were probably so engrossed in the scene that each second was really like 30 seconds.