Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Countdown Begins

Well, actually, it began after last week, but ya know. . . After today, I now only have 8 more days of class in my first semester as a college student. That's just a scosh exciting!

PHILOSOPHY - Turned in my essay, take-home quiz and received 2 new quizzes due Thursday. Instead of listening to the lecture, though, I got em both done and studied for my history test.

HISTORY - Got my test done in about 25 minutes and I felt really good about it. I don't think I got another 100, but definitely an A. We'll see.

Well I got out of class at 1000 and then had an hour before math. Well I really didn't feel like hanging out on campus for that time, so I came home. I got home and browsed the internet (watched some new Dane Cook videos on his site) and then headed to the high school to pick up a basketball schedule. Gotta be there for my guys this year. It's gonna be weird watching basketball and not being on the court.

MATH - I actually fell asleep in class a bit today. It was that sleep where you're totally aware of what is going on around you, but you're completely out of it at the same time. Took a quiz. That's about as exciting as this class gets.

It was time to head home and not much happened between then and "later that evening". I did get Heather's birthday present today, even though her birthday isn't until the end of December. I'm actually gonna be ahead of things this holiday season. Or so I hope.

I'm really really tired and am practically falling asleep right here at my computer. I am gonna watch REAR WINDOW (the Alfred Hitchcock version - I've seen it already and I really didn't like it) tomorrow for film class and do the homework. Then I have work at 1630. Bummer.

O yes, I watched the last half of the great Tom Cruise film COCKTAIL on tv tonight while I worked on math homework (I'm almost caught up). Great film. I don't know what it is exactly, but he's the man in this film and Koglan (his mentor) just might be among the top 5 coolest movie characters ever. He's just so depressed that you sympathize for the man. But he's still so freakin' cool!

Anywho, I'm going to bed. Sleep well all. Have a good Wednesday.

- - - "There are two types of people in the world: Hustlers and Workers. The Hustlers never work and the Workers never hustle. And you, my friend, are no Hustler."
- - - Koglan the Bartender (Bryan Brown) in COCKTAIL

Night,

JUSTIN

No comments: