Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Just a Sucker for Good Deals

Today was certainly a long day - maybe if I got some more sleep, I wouldn't be so tired. I guess being up past midnight every night is the reason that isn't happening. I am the one to blame. Ah well. The life of an 18-year-old. . .

So a funny story from last night as I went to sleep. I got into my bed at 0100 and set my alarm for 0700. As I was getting closer to sleep, my alarm starts going off at 0108. O the awfulness of that noise! So I turned it off and back on again to set it again for 0700. And wouldn't you believe that it started going off again at 0118. I was so pissed! So, I unplugged my tempermental (and possessed???) alarm clock and plugged it back in. The time didn't change. It was as if it had always had power. So I unplugged it again and took it to a different outlet across my room. This did the trick, but it didn't stop me from staring at my clock til 0128 hoping that it wouldn't ring again. It didn't.

I woke up at 0715 and got ready for school:

PHILOSOPHY - Turned in my take home quiz (58 out of 58) and then proceeded to be amazingly bored for the rest of class. We're down to less than 20 students now. Shocking. I actually started working on my screenplay again. Who knows? Maybe it'll get bought up one day. That's one way to make good money. But it will just be a side thing. Not my real job or anything. No thanks.

HISTORY - I'm kinda zoning from here on out. I don't have to take the last test because of my good grades on the first four tests. I really don't need to take notes either, but I'm taking somewhat shotty notes right now. It keeps me awake. That's it.

MATH - Reviewed for our test on Thursday. Meh. It's pretty confusing. I hate matrices. Let's leave it at that.

After school, I came home for a little bit and watched my sports shows with lunch. After that, I headed out on a few errands. I went to the Credit Union to deposit my paycheck (yes!) and then took a book to Chary, a friend of mine and Heather's (she's Heather's best friend), for Heather. After that it was off to WAL-MART to buy the second season of SCRUBS, which was released today. It said on the WAL-MART website that it was going to be something like $28. Turns out, they don't hold up the internet prices in-store, so it was actually $34. I didn't buy it. No thanks. I'll get it tomorrow at BEST BUY or something for $30. I did find a 3-pack of all of the AUSTIN POWERS movies for $19! That was an easy buy. $6 a movie!

From there I went home and got cracking on my Math homework (I was 3 and a half lessons behind). I worked a majority of the night on that, while watching the Final Table broadcast of the World Series of Poker, Wheel of Fortune, and ESPN. I am now one lesson behind, and I'm gonna have to do that tomorrow night.

As it turns out, NETFLIX has sent me the film for this week (GOODFELLAS), but it got lost in the mail or something. So I had to go to BLOCKBUSTER tonight to rent it myself. While I was getting ready to check-out, I saw a thing that said all of their previously viewed DVD's were 3 for $25. This was another great deal! So I bought the following films: TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE, (call it a guilty pleasure, but it's more for the memory of seeing it with J-Lebs and Cy) HAROLD AND KUMAR GO TO WHITE CASTLE (it gets funnier every time I've seen it - it's very underrated in the comedy world) and THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (this one was for Heather, although I like it as well). Good stuff.

So now I'm pretty tired. I'm actually talking to my bud in the Philippines right now. I'll probably go to bed soon.

So I have to work everyday from tomorrow to Sunday cuz I'm picking up shifts on both Thursday and Saturday (AM on Sat, which means I'll have Sat. night off). So, business will be my middle name for the next week. This just means more money. This is a good thing.

Goodnight for now, globe. See ya on the flipside.

- - - "Freedom isn't free
It costs folks like you and me
And if we don't all chip in
We'll never pay that bill
Freedom isn't free
No, there's a hefty fee.
And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?
Oooh buck 'o five"
- - - "Freedom Isn't Free" from TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE

J U S T I N

1 comment:

Cy said...

Actually. Before tax, that Austin Powers 3-pack is $6.33 a movie.

kthx.

good talkin to you last night.

And it was not my intention to trick people into looking at my knee in that picture.