Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Weekend Grab-Bag. . . Again

So I have decided that I'm gonna do this "grab bag" thing every Sunday night and it will encompass the busy Friday (work) and Saturday (usually Heather) nights as well as Sunday. I'm trying to come up with a better title. I have some ideas but we'll see how it goes. Maybe next week we'll have the first installment of . . . ha! I will not ruin the surprise. No. . .

(And just remember, this is not chronological)

- I worked every night this weekend. I was only scheduled on Friday and Sunday but I ended up covering for another host on their Saturday shift. Not bad, really. I ended up with almost 20 hours this week, which is a relief, cuz I really need the hours. I can't get by with the 12-15 that I was getting. It just isn't gonna cut it.

- I had a great Saturday afternoon. Heather (who was home this weekend) and I went to good ol' Nick's Pizzeria and ordered their Couple's Special. It was a small pizza (that would be 8 whole slices) a salad (pretty big actually) and two drinks for just $10. Pretty sweet, huh? We had fun havin lunch together. After that we came back to my house. We watched the season premiere of HOUSE (it was on my TIVO - she hadn't seen it yet) and then it was time for me to go to work. Yep, a good Saturday afternoon.

- I followed Jacque to work on Friday as we both left Heather's house at the same time. She was in front of me and was pulling out of their neighborhood on to the semi-main street. As two cars had their turn signals on to go into their neighborhood, Jacque pulled out a little bit very slowly. All of a sudden, before my eyes, I see a motorcycle come flying into the picture and totally crashes into the front of her car. He went flipping and I thought for sure it was gonna be bad. But, lo and behold, even before Jacque could get out of her car, the guy was up on his feet and ready to throw down right there. I was shocked. A lot ended up happening as a result (but I didn't have to say that for you to figure it out). Jacque called work and told em that we were gonna be late, so that I could stay with her. We ended up waiting for the cops to come and make a report for a freakin' hour and a half. Despite the guy speeding a bit and coming out from behind the two cars, she was at full fault and got a ticket. She was pretty pissed, and on top of all that, we then went into work to see if we should stay. Well, we had to. But I'll get to Friday night's work in a bit.

- Watching SCHOOL OF ROCK right now. It's been awhile since I watched it. The kids are so amazingly talented! Plus, Jack Black is the "bee's knees" and the "cat's pajamas" fo sho. More Jack Black!

- So I got to work at 1900 on Friday. We were pretty swamped for a majority of the night. A party of 30 came in at 2045 expecting to be sat pretty quickly. They had called ahead, so we had an idea they were coming, but 30 is still a crazy large number. So they were from England or Australia or something like that. We close at 2300, so that meant the doors were locked after that. Only thing was, they smoked (as a group) like a chimney and kept going outside to do so. Everytime they would go outside, they would push the door on the recently cleaned glass and then proceeded to smoke and fill up the also recently cleaned ashtray. Thus, I had to keep going and opening the door everytime they decided to come back in. We ended up calling them a couple cabs which then took them to some bar in west Lancaster. Apparently (I found this out on Saturday night) they were asked to leave said bar at closing time for being way past drunk. They were pushing drunk when they left us, so I can only imagine what they were like after being at the bar for almost 2 hours. I got out of there at 0015 and ventured over to my Heather. She was tired (and rightfully so) so I could only stay for a little while. Friday was a really long day, and I was happy to sleep in come Saturday morning.

- In the football pool this week, I correctly predicted ALL THIRTEEN GAMES today. In the five years that I've been doing this here pool, no one has ever had a perfect week. It looks like I'm gonna win again this week ($85 thank you very much!) but a perfect week would just put it completely over the top. So, understanding this, please root for Indianapolis tomorrow night. Do it for me. I would do the same for you.

- Still no word on my film paper grade. I'm waiting, just waiting, to hear what I got. I'm actually quite interested in the score. Let's hope he does this one right. . .

- Watched another episode of HOUSE (that would be episode 2) on Sunday with Heather. She went home around noon and I actually hung out at her house with Chels and Jacque and watched the amazing end to the CHIEFS/RAIDERS game. Nice work big K-C!

- Now that I'm thinking about it more, I'm almost certainly gonna do this thing every Sunday. Suggestions for titles are always appreciated. .

- Well, now I'm tired, and I'm ready for the week to begin. Tomorrow is my free day, but I gotta spend it doing a 1-2 page Philosophy paper and studying for a History test on Tuesday. Tomorrow afternoon is also gonna include a journey to good ol' Cinemark 22 to see JARHEAD with mi padre. Looking forward to it greatly.

- O and I miss Heather. Just thought I would speak straight truth to ya for a bit.

- - - "And if you wanna be the teacher's pet/Baby, you just better forget it."
- - - SCHOOL OF ROCK


Night all,

Husteen

2 comments:

Cy said...

Drunk people. They're fun to laugh at.

Glad your weekend was semi-cool.

Looks like I'll be coming back home towards the end of March. 4.5 months!!!

Anonymous said...

What's going on man...looks like you had a good weekend. Got some more ideas for the movie. Let me know when you want to meet next...