Thursday, November 10, 2005

Chotchkie's and Flinger's

Ah yes, it's OFFICE SPACE. I'll go deeper later. But first. . .

PHILOSOPHY - About 2 minutes of excitement. She showed us these pictures and asked us what we saw. Now, this wasn't a psychological experiment, but she just wanted to show us the original thoughts that set forward this philosophy. The philosophy of creative thinking, apparently, I don't know. Anyway, I saw things that no one else saw and made her look twice. I kinda felt special, but then I wondered if I was just that odd. It's up to debate. .

HISTORY - Got my test back: 98! That means that I really don't need to take the 5th and final test in a couple weeks. I could drop that one (our lowest test score gets dropped) and take my 95, two 98's, and my 100. We'll see. This was muy exciting.

MATH - Nothing exciting. I hate matrices. If you know what they are, you will surely agree with me. They are evil. In fact, I'll just say right here and right now that math is evil. There, I said it.

After class, George and I talked for about 20 minutes or so about movies and the future and dreams and whatnot. It was cool. I think we're gonna hang out after I get outta work tomorrow night. Good times.

I picked up Aimee (that's my sister for those who don't know) at 1500 and took her on a couple errands. We picked up my football pool winnings ($93, not the $85 I thought) and then went to JAMBA JUICE. I had to wait til 1600 to pick up my paycheck, so we went to BEST BUY where we browsed. I ended up buying the OFFICE SPACE Gift Set (it included the special edition - with flair! - a red stapler, a mousepad, a coffee mug, a pad of paper, and some pens; completely original assortment) and the SCHOOL OF ROCK soundtrack. Afterwards, we went by good ol' JOHNNY CARINO'S to get my beautiful check and then headed home.

My night was rather uneventful. I watched OFFICE SPACE (one of my all-time favorite comedies - good buy by me) and picked up CASITA for me and the fam. We ate while watching bits of a basketball game, but then I headed upstairs to talk to my Heather and browse the net. I was so down this evening actually (I was kinda lonely tonight) that I browsed potential rentals on NETFLIX for about 40 minutes. I didn't even realize I was on that long. I miss Heather.

Now I'm getting ready to type a letter for a great-grandmother of mine (I have 3 still living) who has cancer and has not been given long to live. My family is going over to Arizona this weekend. My mom and brother are going to see her and my dad and sister are going to see the NASCAR race in Phoenix with his dad and mom. Since I have work I cannot go, so I am preparing said letter. . What do you say to someone who has been told they won't be around much longer? My mom said just to tell her what I'm doing and what I want to do with my life and such. I will. Not sure what else to say. I avoid death and treat it like it isn't real. I'm not a big crier when it comes to death; more of a denier. So I'm dealing with this fine - and I feel terrible for feeling that way.

Also, my Suns lost again tonight (as I knew they would - they played the Pistons, one of the elite teams in the NBA). This also dampened my evening.

On to the letter now -

Don't forget to express yourself and wear only the minimum required amount of flair. And yes, of course, work sucks.

- - - "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements."
- - - Peter Gibbons (Ron Livingston) in OFFICE SPACE

Nighty night,

JUSTIN

1 comment:

Cy said...

That gift pack sounds awesome.