Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Rosebud and Xanadu

So today was pretty much like any other Wednesday around here. I slept in til 1000ish, layed around til almost 1100, and did some computer shtuff for awhile.

I read my weekly module for film class while listening to CITIZEN KANE, considered by many critics to be the greatest film of all-time. I've seen it before, so I was able to answer the quiz questions without watching the film again. I learned a lot, though, as I watched it with the commentary by film critic Roger Ebert. I actually used some of his trivia and such in my postings. I really like CITIZEN KANE. It's a great film, and Orson Welles has just such an amazing screen presence. Go rent it and treat yourself to an outstanding film.

After that, it wasn't too much longer and I had to head to work. I worked at 1630 today, and it went pretty well tonight. It was just me, Tiffany, (who is gradually getting better) and the new host, Jackie. She is cool. She actually works hard. What a concept! I bought a piece of our cheesecake for my family to share and was outta there at 2100.

I got home, watched some basketball (I hate the Lakers! They won their first game of the year. I just hate them so much!) and ate my late dinner. The fam enjoyed the delicious, creamy cheesecake, and they even let me have a couple bites :)

I've been online for a bit now. I've actually been playing some online poker for the first time in awhile. I play on PokerRoom and do the play money tournaments. It's fun, and I enjoy the practice. I'm hoping to call the ol' poker buddies and see if we can get a game together on Saturday when I have off. If I can't then I'll be covering a shift for the other cool host, Lacey. We'll see.

I'm tired and I actually have school tomorrow. I kinda forgot. Dangit. I wish I could skip one of these days. But I can't. Sometimes I wish I didn't try to do so well in college. O wait. No I don't.

I'll be spending pretty much all of tomorrow afternoon and evening working on my Joel Coen paper for film class. Should be interesting. I hope I get a good grade. I'd really like to keep my now 90 in the class. That would be sweet.

Sleep good all.

- - - "I don't think any word explains a man's life."
- - - Detective Thompson at the end of CITIZEN KANE

Night,

J

1 comment:

Cy said...

Uh... "poker buddies"? I AM your poker buddy. LOL

Dude, I miss you. It's been quite some time now. (a week and 3 days)...

Hey yeah so hang in there. lol

Aight man. peace out... I'll talk to you soon. Sorry bout the Suns' loss. that sucked.

Cy