Friday, November 04, 2005

A 2000 Word Day

Well at least a 2000 word paper. . .

I went to school today. Yesterday. It's late. .

PHILOSOPHY - I'm not even gonna waste your time. It was BORING!

HISTORY - I was actually nodding off in class today cuz I was so tired. Test on Tuesday. Here's to hoping on another A. That would be grand.

MATH - O Tran, how you baffle me! On Tuesday, the guy told me and George that both our last chapter test and our final would be group tests like our first 2 were. Today he decides on a whim that they will now be individual. Dangit! I was really banking on the whole group aspect. My A kinda rested on that. Gotta get to studyin I spose. I made a bet with George on the SUNS/LAKERS game tonight. Loser has to buy the winner a drink and a snack at break on Tuesday. . I'll get to the results later.

I was hungry leaving school so I called good ol' Nick's Pizzeria and ordered an individual (4 slices) cheese pizza with light sauce - just the way I like it. I picked it up ($5.14) and took it home. I made myself a salad and enjoyed a large, tasty lunch.

I was done with my break around 1500. This is when the film paper officially began taking form. I was writing this paper on directors Joel and Ethan Coen (it's more specifically about Joel, but I threw Ethan in throughout the paper cuz he does a lot too). They have directed such masterpieces as FARGO, THE BIG LEBOWSKI, and O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU? . . I worked off and on (mostly on) for 9, count them, 9 hours! I was frustrated, exhilirated, testy, upset, stoked, and surprised throughout the entire writing process but I finally got out a 1910 word paper (it had to be 1800-2500) and the bibliography put me over the 2K mark.

I e-mailed it Emily, who again corrected some grammatical mistakes and made my paper almost-USC-worthy. I posted it on turnitin.com and now it's just the Waiting Game. (Crosses fingers) - Here's more hoping - - -

O yeah. The Suns won! The final score was 122-112. They almost gave it away again, but tonight they held on to their late game lead. I can already taste the SOBE and bag of pretzels!

I'm exhauted. Gotta work at 1630 tomorrow. Today. It's REALLY late.

Sleep well all -

- - - I'm actually gonna post both my intro paragraph and my closing paragraph. How about them apples?

(Intro)
“It is important to step out sometimes and see ordinary people trying to live ordinary lives.” – Actor Peter Stormare
Imagine a rural town that lies somewhere around the border of Minnesota and North Dakota. During the cold winters, there is no real distinguishable state line, as this whole area looks the same. Freshly fallen snow is all that can be seen and the cold seeps in through all layers of clothing. It’s that place where everyone knows each other’s name. Imagine a young boy being told to go outside to play when outside is characterized by a well below-freezing temperature. This boy grew up in the icy world that is northern Minnesota and eventually became one of today’s premiere directors, famous for his self-proclaimed “idiosyncratic” style of direction. This is Joel Coen.
(Closing)
The Coens continuously create films that display real people. They approach every movie they do with a quirkiness that makes the final product all the more intriguing. In fact, my list of favorite movies includes three Coen brothers films (Fargo, The Big Lebowski, and O Brother, Where Art Thou?). The Coens enjoy making movies and they are always attempting to do something different, if only to keep their lives interesting. The films of Joel and Ethan Coen, “The Two-Headed Director”, show the lives of ordinary people attempting to live ordinary lives through the extraordinary circumstances that they provide for them in their films. The characters they have created allow audiences everywhere to live vicariously through their bizarre situations and achieve an individuality that can be provided by independent filmmakers like Joel and Ethan Coen.

- - - Not bad, eh?

Noches,

Husteen

1 comment:

Cy said...

Hope you get a good grade on it, bud.
How was poker?
Say hi to emily for me, since she doesn't like to email me or send me myspace comments.