Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I (Don't) Heart Huckabees

So today was like every other Wednesday. Kinda. . .

I woke up around 1100 actually as I had not slept well during the night. Why is it that our best sleep comes in the last couple hours? This just make it harder to wake up when we need to! After I woke up I got on the computer and read up for my film lesson. After that I put in REAR WINDOW, the Alfred Hitchcock classic (that I still don't like) which I had on in the background as I posted and did my quiz. I'm glad I didn't have to watch it again. That would have been 2 hours not spent well.

After that I sat down and watched a couple sports shows, learning about the world in sports for today. Nothing new, but I still like to know what's going on. Then it was shower/get ready for work time. I left around 10 after 1600 and arrived at work at 1630 for my shift.

Work was fine. We didn't have a wait until after 1800, but we hit a crazy rush in a half hour's time. We cleared out the wait by 2000 and I was able to go around 2030, but not after I ordered a chocolate cake for mi madre. I brought that home for the family and then headed to IN-N-OUT for my dinner. Nothing in the fridge sounded as good as a double-double.

I came home and ate my dinner while I watched I HEART HUCKABEES (in the title it's an actual heart, but pronounced heart, not love - FYI). I borrowed this movie from my friend Kevin quite a while ago and have failed to watch it (and for which I feel just awful). Well, I almost wish I hadn't. I was supremely unimpressed, especially after all the high and lofty words about it from anyone who saw it. And it's not that I'm not into all the philosophy, either, cuz that would certainly be a viable reason. I enjoy discussions like the ones they have, but it's just not funny, I guess. There is a dinner scene that is very funny. That was it though. One scene. Meh

I forgot til about a half hour ago that I have school tomorrow. Dangit

- - - "Nobody sits like this rock sits.
You rock, rock.

The rock just sits and is.
You show us how to just sit here

and that's what we need."

- - - Albert Markovski (Jason Schwartzman) in I HEART HUCKABEES

Until later folks,

J

No comments: