Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Original Outlaw

I'll get to the spectacular film WALK THE LINE in just a bit. But first: Well I stayed up last night til 0130 playing an old school hockey game on Playstation 2. It's been so long and I got so addicted right away that it was hard to put away. Then I realized I had school today, so I went to bed. 0700 came to fast. Then it was time for school. . .

PHILOSOPHY - It's almost over. That's all I have to say. All that is left in this class in the remaining 4 classes (yes, 4 more days of school!) is one small paper, an open book final, and a brief oral presentation of a modern-day philosopher. That is cake my friends. Give me my A!

HISTORY - Turned in my "What if Maryland had entered the Confederacy?" paper and then listened to Jaffe's lecture on the Civil War (War for Southern Independence). All that is left in this class is a test that I don't have to take and then my Honor's Option Term Paper due by the end of the semester. You might as well chalk up the A here, too.

MATH - Today was group project day, so we didn't add anymore homework to the list. The first hour and a half was doing the group project stuff and that was exciting. Then, he gave us our tests back. I got a 78, which was actually one of the better scores in the class. Because we all did poorly, Tran redeemed himself by allowing us to do corrections on our mistakes. Whatever our score was on the second go-around (most likely a 100) then he would average the 2 scores. So, my test score is probably an 89, and my grade is going to be around a 92. This class has 6 more lessons and a final. We will just have to see on this one. It could go either way.

After school I headed home and then was off again. My dad and I went to IN-N-OUT for lunch and then headed to good ol' CINEMARK 22 for the 1400 showing of WALK THE LINE, the Johnny Cash biopic. The film was fantastic and will assuredly open the eyes of many of today's generation to the wonderful music of the Man in Black. I actually don't own any of his albums, but I'm planning on either getting them for Christmas or getting it burned from Jacque. I'll try the latter first. Either way, this is a powerful film that is driven by its strong performances from Joaquin Phoenix (mastered Cash's mannerisms) and Reese Witherspoon (surprisingly good). Go see it now. Well not now, exactly, but when you have time.

WALK THE LINE - (A)

After the movie I came home and vegged for a bit. I played CRUISIN' USA with Caleb and also browsed the net, finding the LADY IN THE WATER teaser online: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/ladyinthewater/ . . . watch it. What do YOU think?

Heather let me know when she was home from dinner and I headed over. I stopped by ALBERTSON'S first and picked up a rose and a pack of Cinnamon Trident for my baby. This was received with a huge smile and bigger hug. I was happy to make her happy. Heather, Chelsea, and I played RUMMIKUB for a bit and then later watched A WALK TO REMEMBER, which I had never seen. I still haven't seen it though, cuz I slept thru the first half. Oops :)

I'm now home and ready for bed. I gotta do film homework tomorrow and then I work at 1630. We'll see how it all goes. But you'll know after I do. Man, I wish I knew what tomorrow was gonna bring. O well. Guess I just gotta be patient. . .

- - - Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
And tell the world that everything's OK,
But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,
'Till things are brighter,
I'm the Man In Black."
- - - "Man in Black" by Johnny Cash

Night,

JUSTIN

1 comment:

Cy said...

I saw that trailer when i watched Harry Potter and the Firey Goblet of Evil Doom.

...it looks... interesting. Hopefully Shammy won't strike out on this one...

Unbreakable - STRIKE 1!
The Village - STRIKE 2!
Lady in the Water - ?

...