Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Humanity is Overrated

Just a quote from the first season of HOUSE, which I bought today. It's my new favorite dramedy (drama/comedy) on TV. Hugh Laurie is awesome. He is cynical, sarscastic, and at times just downright mean. Kinda reminds me of me. Hmm. . .

So I did nothing productive from when I woke up a little before 1000 until almost noon. Then I got my butt in gear and went outside to sort our recycleables. This is a great source for extra mula (moola? I don't know.) and doesnt' take too long. I got them all ready and took my dad's truck to the nearby grocery store. After 15 minutes or so of helping the guy get them all together and in their cute blue trash cans, I drove away from Ralph's with $34 (thanks Pop for the bottles - my grandpa brought over a bunch of em from Arizona from a recent tour; he is a tour bus driver in his retirement years).

I got home, ate lunch, showered, shaved (I was overdue. Very scraggly) and got dressed. My mom and I then went to my wisdom teeth consultation. I'm gonna have to make an appointment soon, and truth be told, I really don't wanna do it. You see, I'm quite attached to my teeth, especially the ones that haven't even come out from under my gums. I don't want them to mess up my handsome smile though (this is what I'm told) so I guess I should get it done. O well. Milkshakes and Jello for a whole weekend! Yay!

After this I went to Best Buy and bought the aforementioned first season of HOUSE and the THE ACADEMY IS CD. A great all-around purchase! I am muy happy with both items. I stopped by Jamba Juice real quick and picked up a big size (I don't use their lingo; "power" size, gimme a break) of Strawberry Surf Rider (formerly known as Strawberry Tsunami). I came home and did the usual computer stuff, followed by a bit of TV. As of now I have watched the first three episodes of HOUSE and the bonus features. Great show.

Dinner was steak quesadillas, care of mi madre, and then it was time for math homework. I finished one and a half lessons in about an hour and a half. I felt good. I felt more like I had wasted my time, cuz I'm already sick of math, but I guess I have to do it. O college. O how you baffle me.

Now that my blog is done, I realize that its title is quite true. As a whole, humanity is overrated. Consider two groups of people that are giving humanity a terrible name right now: looters and scam-artists. Hurricane Katrina has left the Gulf Coast in shambles, and the looters are coming in droves to get all the free crap they can. This is ridiculous. I'm actually anticipating the moment when a cop shoots one of these looters and gets in trouble for it. No looter should be walking at this moment. Just a point of view. Secondly, I heard that there are scammers who are taking in money for relief funds for the victims of Hurricane Katrina, but not really. Please, if you give money to a relief fund, make sure it's to a real one. Go with the Red Cross, or the Salvation Army. Don't give to Bob's Relief Funding. It's not the real deal. He's a shmuck. Don't give him money.

So, yeah, I have school in 8 hours and have to get up in less than 7, so I'm heading to bed. Have a great Thursday. Friday is just one day away! I'm actually giddy. That's right. Giddy. . .

- - "It's not possible to die with dignity. You can live with dignity, though."
- - DR. HOUSE

JUSTIN

No comments: