Saturday, August 27, 2005

A Spinning Otter and a Waving Manta Ray

To begin, this post is for yesterday, Friday, because I was just too tired last night to post. Ok, I got that out of the way, so. . .

Yesterday I left at 930 for Long Beach. The ride down wasn't bad, and by 1130 I was in the midst of the best hug EVER! Happiness is truly hugging the one you love, let me tell you. Allow me to say that this girl is incredible. That's all. Period. She is incredible!

So we made lunch (mac and cheese and veggies - yummy) and ate while chatting with BRIDGET JONES: THE EDGE OF REASON on in the background. After we ate we decided we needed to go do something besides lounging and voted on the AQUARIUM OF THE PACIFIC, which, conveniently enough, is about 10 minutes from her apartment. We rode over there, parked, (which is a helllish horror story in and of itself) and headed in. I had been there several times before (my family used to be "members" - this was over 5 years ago) but Heather had not. I was excited for her to see all the animals, seeing that she is the biggest animal-lover ever (I think I figured out why she's with me :D ) and would no doubt enjoy this trip.

She did. Our favorite animals of the day were the sea otter, (the one was doing a continuous barrel roll in the water - he had absolutely no cares) the manta ray, (we got to touch these - they would come out of the water with their wing-thingys and "wave" them; great entertainment) and the horned puffin (the funniest thing - it's like a penguin in that it's a swimming bird, but it just puffs its fur out and, of course, Heather thought this was just the "cutest!"). We had a good time - I wish it could have been a longer time. There weren't as many exhibits as I had remembered and the Whale Exhibit that they promote was nowhere to be found. We came to reason that they just put on a movie thing and call it an exhibit. I wanted to see a frickin' whale! It was fun, though. Great times - -

We walked around in the surrounding outlet mall, a Valencia Town Center imitation if you will, for a while, but it was actually pretty warm out. We headed back to her pad and just chilled. She actually napped for a bit (I watched the first hour or so of SIDEWAYS. I love that movie!) and then later it was time for dinner. She cooked up some chicken quesadillas and tacos. Also yummy :) I'm telling you, she is THE resourceful cook!

The rest of the night was filled with watching LAWS OF ATTRACTION, (meh - a C- on the scale) playing games like Connect Four, Backgammon, and Egyptian War, and just chatting. I have never been able to talk to someone like I can with her. It's great, and I highly recommend it.

1030 came too soon, and I had to leave. We were both tired, and I had a long journey ahead of me, so we parted ways (still the toughest part of our relationship - leaving her). I booked it home. I never went over 80 mph (I swear) and there was barely any traffic, and I was home in less than an hour and a half - a record. I went to bad soon thereafter, after, of course, I wagered whether or not I would post a blog. Weariness won that battle, and I was asleep within 10 minutes of hitting the pillow.

I hope your Saturday is good, and I'll see y'all again tonight (well not really "see", but you get it). Happy day to all!

- - - A line from SIDEWAYS (I really can't post many of them ha ha)

JUSTIN

No comments: