Friday, August 26, 2005

Cy has Lovely Lady Lumps!

See bud, I told you I would use it. . .

Let me apologize for the title, but it really isn't me who should be apologizing. It's my friend CY who should be on his knees, the heathen. Bad music. Very bad music. This is your punishment. I do believe that it is just and fair.

So I awoke a little before 7 and got ready for school. Day Two (ding)!

Philosophy was fine. We had a quiz on the syllabus and the whole class (I hope) got 20/20, which is a great way to start your first college semester. We have a paper due on Tuesday, but it isn't hard and is really just a tool to show the teacher how our writing skills are - I feel pretty confident that I'll do ok. A slow moving hour and twenty minutes to be sure, but not terrible.

History was great. Although we took almost 4 pages of notes, it was interesting and I enjoy DR. JAFFE's style of teaching. I'm looking forward to this class everyday that I step foot on the campus. Hopefully I'll do good. . .

Math wasn't bad actually. My teacher is the funniest thing to watch though. He'll bounce (literally) around the room from whiteboard, to chalkboard, and then back to whiteboard and just with the biggest grin on his face. I tell you, he's GIDDY! Unbelievable. I never thought someone could be so pumped up for circles, midpoints, and radii. Turns out that I did the wrong homework assignment (practice set 1 instead of section 1.1) but he assigned it today anyway. I just woulda been ahead for the first time, well, ever, but that's ok. At least I appear to be motivated. We'll see how long it lasts.

I went to lunch with my mom and her two fellow secretaries at PONCHO'S Mexican Restaurant. My mom knows THE Poncho, because he used to be a waiter at EL TOREO, and she went there often. He left there and bought his own place on Lancaster Blvd. across from LPAC (the Lancaster Performing Arts Center). It's a nice place and I hope he prospers - Great food! Here's free advertising: GO TO PONCHO'S!!!

I then had the afternoon to just chill. I watched CONSTANTINE (a C+ on the scale; entertaining, but not all that stimulating) and did some computer stuff. I got my poker chips in the mail!!! I won an auction on EBAY for a briefcase with a bunch of professional chips in it. The auction ended at 6 cents! I kid you not. Shipping, however, was $40, but that is still cheaper than in the stores. I spent a good half hour removing the plastic from the separate stacks of chips in the case. Needless to say, I'm excited!

Dinner with the fam was followed by hanging at CY's house. Not much happened, but it's cool to just kick back and have a few laughs. I never object to that. Thanks to all who were involved in the night. It was indeed fun.

Now I need to go to bed, for tomorrow brings driving. I'm heading to LONG BEACH for the day, and those of you who know me, know that that means I'm going to see my Wonderful Heather! We might head to the AQUARIUM OF THE PACIFIC or something like that, but again, it doesn't really matter to me. As long as we're hanging out, I'm just dandy.

Sleep tight and enjoy your Friday all you knuckleheads.

- - "I'm a shmuck. I did a shmucky thing." - - from CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM (which I finished the first season of today; I think it's an accomplishment, don't you?)

Until the next time,

HUSTEEN

1 comment:

Cy said...

I hate you.