Friday, August 19, 2005

As We Jump Into the Final Frontier

Good evening all you blogees - isn't that what you would call a blog reader? It sounds as though the blog is attacking y'all though, and that is, in and of itself, creepy. So I recant the blogee name calling and say hello to all you who brave my absurdity and read of my boring life - Hello!

I awoke this morning at 10 and quickly and subconsciously turned my tv on. My new guilty pleasure is the early-to-mid-90's comedy "MAD ABOUT YOU". It is on the lifetime for women channel (and I say that proudly, by the way) but it is not just a women's show. Paul Reiser is a comic genius and Helen Hunt is very funny. The supporting cast is fun, and, you know, I don't have to plead my case - The show is freakin' awesome!!! So I have dealt with it and accepted it - I watch lifetime for women. Woohoo?

It was then quickly 11 and it was shower time. I got myself ready and fixed myself a HUNGRY MAN frozen dinner. I give it a 7 out of 10. Actually, cross that out. A 5 out of 10. I don't know why though. I watched a TIVO'd episode of my new almost-favorite show "HOUSE" (the first season comes out on the 30th and I am SO buying it) while I ate, well, hungrily.

It was then off to ANTELOPE VALLEY COLLEGE where I begin classes next Tuesday. I had to buy a book for my PHILOSOPHY class, an only-cool-in-Lancaster-or-Palmdale AVC parking permit (Orange baby!!!), and a school ID. I immediately regretted not doing my hair, but hey, who do I have to look pretty for? I then quickly rushed off the campus.

You may ask why I wanted off the campus so bad. Well if you didn't, then here's the answer anyway. I feel so unbelievably uncomfortable the second I set foot out of my car onto the AVC parking lot. A lot of it is probably due to the fact that I have never attended a school with over 500 people in it. I can't imagine the unsettled stomach that I would have jumping into a big, 4-year University. I'm sure once the surroundings become more familiar I will relax, but I am not the fastest relaxer in the world (I hear a faint "Amen" from the nearby choir) and I of course am worried about my performance there. Only time will tell. . .

It was then home again, home again, jiggity jig and a completely action-less afternoon was before me. I did nothing of significance. I moved from the couch (watching TV) to the computer chair (just skimming the World Wide Web) to my bed (a different TV experience). Lather. Rinse. Repeat. I was basically wasting time, so that I wouldn't feel so awful about my boring self for writing a blog about a day at 4 in the afternoon of that day. Loser. Loner. In a box. Anyone???

I did watch another TIVO'd thing today. And for the record, TIVO is the best thing since sliced bread. I watched an old stand-up show (and by old I mean January 2005). Richard Jeni: A Big Steaming Pile of Me is one of the funniest things I've ever watched. If you don't know him, it's cuz he's mainly just a stand-up. He is, however, the guy who is with JIM CARREY and CAMERON DIAZ at the end of "THE MASK". Remember??? Well anyway, he is hilarious! I promise a longer evaluation of it another day after another viewing. It's that good though :)

So the blog is done, and ice cream with some friends is looking like the best available option for the rest of the night. Wonderful Heather comes home tomorrow for the weekend and so tomorrow night is going to be awesome, no matter what happens. I predict dinner and then a viewing of "THE 40-YEAR-OLD VIRGIN". I'm greatly anticipating this film, because I think Steve Carell is the funniest man in America (deja vu?). Good times are sure to be had.

Thus I put an end to the post for August 19, 2005 - I hope it was as good for you as it was for me. Remember to take care of yourselves. And each other.

The Final Frontier

Tell me why I love you like I do

Tell me who can stop my heart as much as you
Tell me all your secrets, and I'll tell you most of mine
They say nobody's perfect, well thats really true this time

I dont have the answers, I dont have a plan
All I have is you, So darling, help me understand
(What we do) - you can whisper in my ear

(Where we go) - who knows what happens after here
Let's take each other's hand as we jump into the Final Frontier
I'm mad about you baby,
Mad About You...

- - Husteen

1 comment:

Cy said...

"Take care of yourselves. And each other"

Ok, Jerry Springer. haha

nice man. ice cream was fun. Glad you had a kick-back day. It'd be nice to have one of those...