Monday, August 22, 2005

Don't say Shrimp around Short People!

I have no idea what that means - I just made it up. I guess it correlates with my dinner and the guy who guest spoke at my church today. That is the best I can come up with at 100 in the morning. Have pity. . .

So I woke up, got ready for church, and rolled out with the family, plus my Wonderful Heather. We got to church earlier than usual, although it didn't really change anything. I didn't see any of the faces that I especially look for (our Senior Bible teacher Dr. Roland, namely, being one) so I just kinda chilled and waited for worship to start. Worship was good as always, although I found it difficult to get into it this morning. I can sing the songs that say "God is good, wonderful, perfect, etc." but I can't quite muster up the faith to sing "I'll do this, that, and the other thing to praise your goodness, wonderfulness, and perfectness - I know it's "perfection", but I was on a roll - so, yeah.

Our guest speaker today, (O by the by, I go to the DESERT VINEYARD CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP. It's on the corner of Avenue I and Challenger Way - We're the "casual" church) is one of the pastors from a VINEYARD in Washington State. He said it's like 2 hours west of SEATTLE. So he was a short guy. He even joked about it, so it's ok if I mention it : ) . . . So he talked about "Jesus and Absolute Relativism in regards to Human Sexuality" - I guess he is some sex professor up there too. He had some good things to say, but it wasn't anything groundbreaking and/or eye-opening. I do have to say, though, that I never forsee myself dealing with the issue of wanting to bed many women to up my self-confidence as a man. I'm quite content with me, and even when I'm not, I don't see THAT as a solution. Check that one off the list of "Don't Worry About It". . . I do also need to add that I can't wait to get married. Just a thought. . .

After church it was lunch, and on a Sunday, that means CASITA LOPEZ. It's a Mexican Restaurant (how'd you guess) that is locally owned by a couple who my family has gotten to know quite well. They always greet us with a smile, great food, and a Spanish lesson. Mr. Lopez tells me I need to eat more salsa so I can speak better Spanish. Ha, if that was all I had to do . . .

I went to Heather's for the afternoon, and we just hung out, cuz it was so hot outside. There really isn't anything that sounds fun when the minute you set foot outside, it's sweating. Sitting in front of the TV (and fan) was our choice. We watched this show on TLC called "14 Children and Pregnant Again"!!! I don't need to say anymore except: HOLY CRAP!!!

For dinner, we went with her mom to red lobster (Heather's former employer and her sister's present one) and that was fun. Being served by Chelsea (Heather's sister) was fun, and her friend Jacque (pronounced Jackie) works there too. Needless to say, they made quite a few stops to say hi - - -

I LOVE SHRIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So after dinner we played some games, watched some SEINFELD on DVD, and chatted with Chelsea and Jacque when they got home. It was a good night, although not an entirely productive or busy one. Heather is going back to Long Beach tomorrow, so that is sad. But this is an extremely busy week, so I will have plenty distractions.

Exciting stuff tomorrow - Orientation at JOHNNY CARINO'S!!! Tomorrow's blog will be muy interesting and filled with info. I'm excited, nervous, and anxious - that sounds like a recipe for disaster. Hmmm . . . I need to get my act together.

- - "Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff
- - OhYeah it's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
- - You know you're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to love
- - Might as well face it, you're addicted to love"

War In (instead of Peace Out),

The J-Man (I'm such a nerd)

No comments: