Monday, August 22, 2005

A Quick Shove Into the World

Welcome to the real world. It sucks. You're gonna love it!

Today was as a roller coaster unlike any I've ridden in many moons. I woke up at 900 after going to bed at 230 (that's just not enough sleep). HEATHER came by to pick up her purse, which she had left in my car last night. It's always nice waking up and seeing your lovely lady walk into your room. She left, though, for she had shopping to do.

I showered and got dressed and then hopped on the WORLD WIDE WEB. With classes at AVC starting today, I figured I should check out the status of my online class. I'm taking an Introduction to Film class. And I am muy looking forward to it. So, turns out, that you had to create an ID and a password by today, or you would get dropped from the class - whew - luckily I went on today. So I got my ID and such and went to look at what the class will be made up of. I'm looking forward to several of the aspects of the class - it should be fun (or as much fun as school can be).

I got myself together and headed to ORIENTATION for JOHNNY CARINO'S at 200. The general manager, his name is Charlie, went over everything under the sun. We got out of there a little after 400. So, I'm looking forward to beginning work (September 10) and once the restaurant opens (September 19) it should be loads of fun (including stories). Welcome to life, Justin.

I left there and headed to Palmdale to see my HEATHER. She was heading back to Long Beach tonight (sad times) so the more time together tonight, the better. We went to the MALL to buy some jeans at AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS ($5-$10 sale on jeans). As we were walking toward the store, our friend mallory (an AE employee) walked towards us. We caught up briefly, and then me and Heather went to buy jeans. We each bought two pair, (school shopping) and she bought a pair of sunglasses - a sidenote: She thought she could wear hers to HURRICANE HARBOR and not break them; she was wrong - so it was a very successful trip.

We grabbed some dinner (Her some SUBWAY, me some BAJA FRESH) and then went to Chelsea and Jacque's soccer game. They play at the "Indoor" stadium at MULLIGAN'S (formerly FUNLAND U.S.A.). It's fun to watch them run and get tired - I enjoy it. Cuz hey, as long as I'm not running : ) They lost 4-3, but that's ok, cuz winning isn't everyth- O man, I couldn't finish that one either. Winning is SO everything! But I guess it's just recreation, so . . .

Then Heather left for Long Beach, and I headed home. I talked to the family about my day (basically this blog - I shoulda just said "Wait 20 minutes and go read my blog - Just Kiddin) and then got my backpack ready for. . . SCHOOL!!!!!!! Why, oh, why must I start school again?!?! Welcome to life.

So I better go to bed to prepare myself. Up at 645 tomorrow and at school by 730 to get a parking spot. Sleep well and Sweet dreams to all, says I. For tomorrow brings a nightmare called college. So we might as well be happy in our sleep.

- - - "If you want it, you can have it, but you've gotta learn to reach up there and grab it."
- - - - - - - - - - - - WEEZER: "PHOTOGRAPH"

Until tomorrow,

J U S T I N

No comments: