Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Yee-Haw!!!

Well, this would be day two of the blogging experience - so far, so good.

This morning, I went with my dad to see the best movie ev- (laughs hysterically) Wow, I couldn't even finish that complete overstatement without losing it! But, in all seriousness, I went to see THE DUKES OF HAZZARD today. Let me first say what a fan I am of the original television series. It has all the elements of a fun time and can easily be enjoyed by anyone with a little bit of hick in 'em. My dad is the one who wanted to see the movie, being a bigger fan of the show than myself. And for the record, I knew it would be crap. However. . O wait, it was crap (a C- on the grading scale). But, I will say that Johnny Knoxville's laugh is one of the most contagious things ever. The movie, though, had so little in common with the show, that I was left to wonder if anyone involved had ever seen the show in the first place.

I hate Hollywood Remakes!!! Attention Hollywood: Come up with an original idea or read a book and adapt it (that one's ok). The funniest movie of the year was a new idea (WEDDING CRASHERS), one of the most inspirational films of the year (CINDERELLA MAN) is based on a book/real life, and the most irresistible group of birds ever (MARCH OF THE PENGUINS) is just plain enjoyment. Please take notice Hollywood - I beg you! Here are some exceptions from this year: CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY (the original is still better), MR. AND MRS. SMITH (way better than I expected), and BATMAN BEGINS (Christopher Nolan is a genius! More BATMAN please!).

We did the always-enjoyable In-N-Out Burger for lunch and then I was off to Palmdale to fill out papers for my . . new JOB!!! I was hired this past week at Johnny Carino's Italian Restaurant. If you don't know, it's that nice, brick-looking restaurant next to El Torito's at the Mall. I'm stoked! I got there and the lady I was supposed to meet was nowhere to be seen. A man who I had never met before told me that today was Orientation! This was completely brand new information. It was ok, though, cuz I was able to get signed up for another Orientation next Monday - I'll be there fo shizzle.

I was rather flustered, so I headed to Best Buy - Where else would you go? I spent over 45 minutes there, and left with the first season (all 6 episodes) of the American version of THE OFFICE and a Phantom Planet 2 cd set thingy. Steve Carell is the funniest guy in America, along with Vince Vaughn (take that Will Ferrell). I can't wait to see THE 40-YEAR-OLD VIRGIN!!! I am stoked, yet again.

The rest of the night has, and will be, completely pointless and boring. I'll end up in bed watching THE OFFICE as I fall asleep. All that matters is I get to tomorrow - I get to see my girlfriend tomorrow!

So, with that, I'll end this book and leave some suspense for another post. Probably Thursday, cuz tomorrow I have better things to occupy my time with. I'm bragging cuz I can!

"Can I get a Yee-Haw?!?!"

Currently watching: THE OFFICE,

- - Until I Post Again,

Justin (not a Duke cousin)

1 comment:

Cy said...

sweet movie report and such. keep it up.