Monday, August 29, 2005

As a fly flies. . .

There's a fly in the kitchen right now. He won't land. It's bothering me. I really want to kill it. Is that so much to ask? I didn't think so. . .

So I woke up this morning before 800 and got a call soon thereafter from Heather, who was beginning her first day of classes at CSULB. She called to vent some of her nervousness (who isn't nervous their first day of college?) and I did my best to help. I talked to her off and on throughout the day, and it seems like she's going to be just great down there. I'm almost as happy for her as I miss her. It's true.

I ran some errands this morning and then watched some TV. I watched the RICHARD JENI stand-up thing again, but this time with my dad. He liked it, and I laughed just as hard this time as I have the first 3 times. It's great entertainment. One of the funniest things out there. I like his humor partially because he has no agenda. He's not trying to convince you to change political parties or religions or to specifically slam a certain political viewpoint. He's just trying to make people laugh. Sure, he makes fun of Michael Jackson, Martha Stewart, and, at times, women, but he also mocks both the liberals and the conservatives. This is something rarely seen, and, quite honestly, is refreshing. Good stuff.

I did my math homework while listening to THE KILLERS (great CD - go buy it now) and then contemplated doing my philosophy essay. I didn't then, but I did a little later, after wasting more time in front of the hypnotic screen. I did my essay and finished a bit before my friend Justin came over. We hadn't hung out in awhile, but it was great to catch up and such. The two of us and Cy (his not-so-frequently-updated-blog is at www.insidecy.blogspot.com) hung out for a large part of the night. We reminisced about our DC trip last summer, senior year, and everything that is changing at our high school. Fun convos. It always is fun with those guys.

Now they're gone, and I'm heading to bed. I have to get up before 700 to get ready for school. It's still hard to convince myself that I'm going to school again. I can't wait for Friday! Heather is coming home, and for the whole weekend at that! Needless to say, I'm stoked! But, we gotta fight through another week in the trenches. I'm ready. Here I go; I'm jumping in!

Good night. Sleep tight. And pleasant dreams to you. Adios. Au Revoir. . . (It's a song, but I can't remember the rest. O well, I figure that's good enough)

A Dedication to my Heather :D

- - - "But then you took me by surprise
- - - I'm dreaming bout those dreamy eyes"
- - - The Killers: "Everything will be Alright"

JUSTIN

No comments: