Friday, August 11, 2006

Half-A-Post

So it's Friday afternoon and I have work in a little under two hours. I'm still reeling (blog-wise) from the whole power outage fiasco from two nights ago. DANGIT!!! I had some good movie review stuff in there too. O well. Let's see if I can (quickly) redo what I had. . .

So going to Murrieta was a lot of fun. I left on Sunday and it took me two hours to get down there (which was actually really good time). George and I went to MULLIGAN'S (a family fun center with Go-Karts, Mini Golf, Laser Tag, and arcade games) along with his fellow employees at Chick-Fil-A. You see, they're closed on Sundays (I believe the founder was religious) so they were having this employee appreciation dealio and I just happened to get in on the fun. We had these bracelets that got us into unlimited games (except arcade games) and we used them quite well. We drove the Go-Karts once (always fun - I finished third because these cheaters bumped me out of first), played one game of Laser Tag (I was third in points on my team - the winning team - and the only ones who beat me were these young kids who acted as base defenders for our team), and George, his friend Ryan, and I played one round of mini golf (I came in second with Ryan winning by one stroke on the last hole). It was actually quite a bit of fun. We also played some arcades, specifically one game called DRAGON PUNCH where you hit a punching bag and depending on how hard you hit (and the angle you hit it at) you get a certain amount of points. Well one guy had gotten the high score (9291) earlier that day and so all of us attempted to beat this high score. I watched as these guys used all their muscling efforts to beat this score but to no avail. I stepped up, finally, and took a whack at it. On my second try, I got my highest score of 9261, just thirty points shy of the high score. I couldn't believe it! Anyways, Ryan finally stepped up and Tai-Chi'd that bag to a score of 9299, which was enough to get us all to walk away.

We left MULLIGAN'S and headed to one of the other guy's houses to play some poker. You know me - if there's a Poker game, I'm there. And I'm there to win. Well, I told myself (and George) that I wouldn't be all "You gotta play the right way" if I went, seeing as I was the guest and all. WELL. . . Yeah it was pretty retarded. So each player (there were 10, and at $10 each, that was a nice pot to the victor) was given 50 chips, each one worth 1. That's right. I was so frustrated. I decided to just wait it out while the other (quite amateirish) players knocked themselves out. Well I got a great hand, went all-in, and got beat by a complete jackass with "Trip 2's" (That means three two's). So, by the request of George, I assisted him in his playing, seeing as I was by far the most experienced player at the table. If George won, he said he would split the winnings with me. Well, all that to say, George won and we both left with $45. It was a good night.

George and I ended up staying up until 0400 in the morning (from 0030-0330 in the jacuzzi) just talking about how things had been for both of us. It's really cool to hang out with George. We get along really well and it's cool to catch up with someone you haven't seen in three months. We slept in til noon (or just about), got ready, and went to lunch (Chick-Fil-A actually; it was my first experience. It was pretty good.) before we went to the movies. The first film we saw was the new Will Ferrell comedy TALLADEGA NIGHTS: THE BALLAD OF RICKY BOBBY. I had pretty high hopes for this comedy, since it was "From the Guys who Brought You ANCHORMAN" and that film is one of my most favorite comedies ever. Well, it made ANCHORMAN become an all-time classic in my mind because RICKY BOBBY was just not that funny. I don't even remember laughing out loud (something I did frequently in CLERKS 2). A lot of the laughs come from cliches, and that kinda pissed me off more. You know that cute little kid who ends up having a wicked tongue? Yeah, there's two of those. You know that stereotypical Southern man who always has a beer in his hand and offers up drunken advice? Yeah, one of those too. Altogether, I would not recommend this comedy, simply because I didn't find it funny. Bummer. (Grade: C-)

Well, because of distractions (the season finale of the WORLD SERIES OF POP CULTURE) and errands (running to the credit union, going to Lenscrafters - more on that later - and taking Caleb to his swim lessons) I will be unable to finish this post right now. However, in hopes of not losing all this good stuff, I'm gonna post it and finish it tonight (very late) when I get home from work. I'll see ya later then!

Working,

JUSTIN

No comments: