Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Cusack, Colbert, and Changed Campaigns

"Campaign" came up on the Thesaurus (via Microsoft Word) for the word "Plans". I needed a "C" word. Meh. That's what I do with my time. I come up with cute alliterative ways to improve my blog. It's for your enjoyment, not mine. I hope you do enjoy it. Just nod so I feel better. Thanks. . .

Today, well, today sucked. It really did. Here's why:

A) I woke up way later than I wanted. It's not like I had anything to do this morning (basketball has kinda taken a breather right now) but I hate waking up at 1130. I hate it! I feel like I wasted away the morning (well, I did) and it always begins my day with the opposite of a bang.

B) I did leave the house for three minutes to take a movie to the Post Office. SCORE!

C) I spent the following hours doing a mixture of the following: online poker, tv watching, web browsing. Yep, that's it. (Note: I moved on a bit more in my project - ya know, the one we do not mention here). I was waiting by the phone (or, actually, the phone was by me) for Heather to call around 1500 (that would be 0800 in the morning tomorrow where she is) but she didn't. I was sad. I was also waiting to hear from Justin around 1300ish cuz that's when he got out of work. I also didn't hear from him til much later. I was bummed.

D) Justin and I made plans to go to Black Angus with Jenn and Manny and then go see MIAMI VICE at 2030. Well, about a half hour before we were to meet, I called Justin and he said that he was no longer going because he was tired (rightfully so - he got up at 0400). Well, my plans then changed drastically. I ended up going from a full night's agenda to a boring night by myself (the rest of my family also had plans tonight). I called up NICK'S PIZZERIA and ordered an individual cheese pizza (light sauce of course) and a side salad (no dressing as always). I went and picked it up (a gift to leave home for a small amount of time) and took it home and ate while watching JEOPARDY. You can start calling me old names now - - -

E) After dinner, I came upstairs and caught a bit of MUST LOVE DOGS, the 2005 rom com starring Diane Lane and one of my most favorite actors, John Cusack. I have seen at least ten of his movies and I just truly enjoy his acting. So I watched the last half of this girly movie for two reasons: 1) I miss Heather. Chick flicks make me happy cuz they make me think of the incredible times that I have with my baby and 2) Cusack. End of story. After that, I watched a new episode of THE COLBERT REPORT, the incredibly funny and astute spinoff of THE DAILY SHOW WITH JON STEWART. This show is quickly moving up my charts when it comes to favorite television shows. Great stuff. Keep it up Stephen!

F) Now I'm blogging (obviously) and watching HIGH FIDELITY, another Cusack movie; my favorite of his.

Blah! What a day!!!!!!!!! And I mean that in such a shoobadawoop way (don't ask, it just came out!) that I can't take anymore. I'm going to bed almost pronto now just because I can't imagine staying up anymore.

Go rent HIGH FIDELITY. It's great!

- - - "What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"
- - - Rob (John Cusack) in HIGH FIDELITY

Nightness,

Justin

No comments: