Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Rambler's Rambling: Year Two

Happy Anniversary/Birthday/Whatever to me! Well, not me, but this here website. You see, it was one year ago, on an August 15th that had me gearing up for my first year of college as well as preparing to begin orientation for my brand new job at a brand new restaurant, that I began A RAMBLER'S RAMBLING. With the help (but not a lot) from my good buddy Cy (who frequents this blog - actually he probably visits mine more than he does his ha ha), I began a quest that I hoped would last a couple months and result in a couple nice pieces of writing that I could have to remember.

However,

I took right to the whole blogging experience and kept up pretty well throughout my first semester at AVC and continued to blog occasionally through my very busy second semester. This summer, it's been off and on, but it's also provided my two most favorite posts I've ever done (MY GIRL: A retelling of mine and Heather's "story"; THE REST O' THE YEAR MOVIE PREVIEW: My last post - it's really really good in my opinion and I hope you think so too).

And today, the first day I'm posting from a new location (well, I guess I can't hide it forever - I'm completely rearranging my room and my computer desk is on the other side of my room now) is also a day that I'm bon voyaging for a day. My dad and I are heading to my home state of ARIZONA for a banzai trip. You see, my great-grandmother (one of them - I still have two living actually) died a few months back and I received the option to get her couch. Well, my room is pretty big actually (it's more of a loft, but I've made a nice home out of it) so I'm gonna set it up in my room. Plus, when I move out (could be next August - fingers crossed) I'll be able to possibly take it with me (depending on where I go and all). But I must get it first. So we're leaving in about two hours and then coming home tomorrow afternoon. Quick, I know, but that's the only way to do it.

So, yeah. That big secret I had a week or so ago has now been revealed (it was just that my room looks completely different than it used to and will continue to change with the addition of my new couch - I had wanted it to be a surprise to Heather when she comes back, but the appearance of it still will be - SURPRISE honey!) and I'm really excited about it. My room is gonna look really good. I can feel it! Maybe I'll take some pictures. . .

Well, I gotta get myself ready to roll here in a bit, but I could not not (double negatives are just fine in my book) post on my anniversary thingy. So, enjoy!

Let's just hope that a year from now, after having made giant decisions (at this point next year, I hope to be gearing up for my Junior year in college at a brand new school to me, Cal State Northridge, as well as having a job transfer of some sorts or something - lots happening next August!), that I'll be able to continue on with A RAMBLER'S RAMBLING. Everytime I post, I just hope that someone gets five minutes (or in the case of my last post - the movie preview - fifteen minutes ha ha) of fun and laughs and ponderment because of me.

Thanks to all who have ever ventured to this here site and read anything that I've ever typed. You don't have to come back, but you just might miss something important - you never know!

And in the words of you truly:

"And so begins the blogging journal of yours truly, Master Justin Gott. Is one's life complete without the emergence of a blog in their life? Do people actually read these so-called "Web Logs"? Is this even gonna work or am I completely over my head in technical mumbo-jumbo? I don't even know, so we're gonna learn together. That's right. All four of you will read this.
Thanks for reading. Thank you. And Goodnight."

Can't say much more than that! But I gotta end the same way I did a year ago. . .

- - - Michael Buble' is feeling good

JUSTIN D. GOTT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Has it been a year, Where has the time gone. Your room arrangements sound real good. Maybe I can check it out next time we are in town.
Keep up the good work. POP AND MOM-MOM

Good job also on the movie critics, but what do we know. Ha.