Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Side Effects of Pining

Hey all.

So it's Saturday morning/afternoon/whatever. I have to work at 1700 tonight. I worked 13 hours over the last two days and I have but one more day before my four days off. That is the one thing I like about this crappy schedule: My days aren't divied up throughout the week. It's three straight days and then I have four off. So, yeah. One more night.

Well, the Heather countdown is down to exactly 19 days as of 1320 this afternoon. And no, I'm not counting :D I really miss her. I got to talk to her yesterday for a whole five minutes (VERY EXCITING!) and she says that they made it to Sydney ok. Their vacation part of the trip has now begun. They get to enjoy all sorts of fun and stuff for the next two weeks and then head to Fiji for another five days of maxin' and relaxin'. I'm happy for her (I really, truly am) but at the same time I just want her back! I'm very selfish when it comes to my wonderful Heather. Again, if you don't like it - don't bother with me. Someday soon, it's gonna be me and her and that's it and I can't wait. She is who I need and it sucks being so very far apart.

Because I have little to do at this juncture (at least before school begins again - ARRGHH!!!), I've kinda done some things that I usually don't have time for. One of them, however, I can't talk about. But you already knew that. . . I've updated my DVD list (the ones I own), watched some movies (TAXI DRIVER: A great performance by Robert De Niro turns a potentially boring film into a memorable one (Grade: B); NATURAL BORN KILLERS: Probably the most demented, strange, and WTF movie I've ever seen. However, performances (Woody Harrelson, Juliette Lewis, Robert Downey, Jr.) and the purpose of the film (showing both our and the media's infatuation with the potentially insane) make it noteworthy. It's certainly not recommendable because of its, well, it's just not okay (Grade: B-) - - - and also prepared, quite lengthily in fact, a giant post coming very soon. After my giant SUMMER MOVIE PREVIEW in May, I've decided to do three of those a year, one for each "third" of the year. SO, the upcoming "TIL THE END O' THE YEAR MOVIE PREVIEW" is right around the corner, my friends, and it's bigger than the aforementioned SUMMER one. I'm gonna have to be at the top of my game, but I think I'm ready. Bring it on!

I'm heading out tomorrow afternoon for George's. I'll be hanging out there til sometime Tuesday and then I'll be home that night. I'll post Tuesday with an update on how all that went and you can expect the giganterrific (yes, it's now a word) post in the coming weeks (before school starts on the 21st for sure). So look for it!

Just thought I'd give you a what's up today since I won't post til Tuesday. Hope you have a great weekend (I think I will) and I'll see ya around the corner - - -

- - - "You're only as healthy as you feel."
- - - Travis Bickle (Robert De Niro) in TAXI DRIVER

Later later alligators,

JUSTIN

No comments: