Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The First Day of the Rest of My Life

No, not today (although essentially that is true). The day I'm referring to was yesterday, Tuesday August 29th. However, as you are well aware, I have not posted since LAST TUESDAY!!! I have been so so busy it's not even funny. I'm gonna H&P Short Form (Only Cy will get that one - and maybe Tom) this post to try and update you on everything that's going on. It's a lot. Let me just warn you with that. . . This will be not all that different from a WEEKEND GRAB-BAG, but this will be filled with many more bullets (however, they will be significantly shorter).

Ready? I'm asking myself, actually. Are you ready, dear reader? Well you better be - - -

Here we go (I really don't know where to start, but we'll just see where this goes):

- Well, first and foremost, I spose, is that my wonderful Heather is home! Barbara and I picked her and Chelsea up from LAX last Thursday. I cannot remember a moment that I've been happier than coming up behind Heather and practically tackle-hugging her :D Plus, one of my dreams (much like it is some girls' dream to one day passionately kiss in the midst of a torrential downpour - I don't know anyone off hand with this one. . . or do I???) came true when I got to kiss the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in the middle of a crowded terminal. Time stopped. People walked on by, and I could have cared less what they were thinking. (If you've seen GARDEN STATE - it was like the final shot) I had not seen this beauty in five weeks and I really had missed her uncontrollably. The shaking, as it turns out, did not stop. . . Well once we returned to Earth (I really never wanted to come back to life - I would like a PAUSE button for Christmas please!) we headed to the car to start our journey home. The ride home was filled with their stories of their incredible trip and I enjoyed every second of it. We hit traffic. I didn't care. I was holding someone's hand for the first time in five weeks! I was truly the happiest person on the face of the planet.

- English 102, another Honors class for me (my second this semester - I need one more in the Spring semester to complete the Honors requirements), is not all bad. I actually kinda like it. Professor John Toth (who gets an 8/10 on the scale) is really laid back and he really enjoys teaching English (go figure). It's gonna be a lot of work, but it's gonna be just fine. It's three hours on Wednesday afternoon so it's kinda tedious (although today's class breezed by), but I'm looking forward to learning a lot here. I'll take this class over Bio any day!

- I have many new CD's. Circumstances and stories on their purchases are beside the point. But here they are: OUTKAST - Idlewild, LINKIN PARK - Hybrid Theory, 30 SECONDS TO MARS - A Beautiful Lie, SNAKES ON A PLANE SOUNDTRACK, RAY LAMONTAGNE - Trouble. They're all good (I really like the Outkast cd - a couple of the tracks are awesome!!) and I'm happy with all of them. I also have coupons for 10, count them, 10 free CD's on the BMG music store online. I'm trying to figure out which ones I'm gonna get. We'll see. .

- Comm 121 is gonna be off the hook, fo sheazy my neazy. I don't know what that means, but what I'm making it mean is: THIS CLASS IS AWESOME!!! After class on Tuesday (yesterday) I went back, showing an interest in a bit more than your average student. Apparently impressed by my effort and interest (or blindsided by my extremely good looks. . . ok, maybe he's just a really cool guy), Mr. Carter offered me the role of one of the editors of the paper! I thought about it for about five seconds less than ten seconds (I always need to be confusing. . .) and agreed, shaking on it with him. My first assignment is actually writing a report on Dr. Jaffe and his award he recently won (more on it when I begin to write the article). I'm really excited about the article, the class in general, and the amazing experience that being an editor will be for me. I'm actually envious of myself! Mr. Carter said the title above to me yesterday when referring to the role that the class and my new role as editor would have in my future. It made me excited with a capital E! Yes. Very stoked.

- I got my schedule at JC switcherooed around so I can have Fridays off, which means I can go see Heather in THE LB (been awhile since that's been mentioned) on those days. She's actually coming home this weekend to go to the Fair, but from then on, it'll be me going down there. Let the driving begin! O, so my schedule is now Thursday night, Saturday night, and Sunday afternoon. COME SEE ME!

- I got to do something that will honestly go in the top 10 all-time memories of yours truly. This thing happened last night at the Antelope Valley Fair. You see, for his birthday, my dad got three tickets to see Lynyrd Skynyrd. So him, my sister, and I went last night and it was freakin' fantastic! They played for about an hour twenty and encored with none other than "Free Bird", which was completely and absolutely incredible. The live versions of that song on their CD's are like fourteen minutes long, and I would wager that they played that song for close to ten minutes last night. The lead guitarist (Rickey Medlocke, who looks like a cross between Tim Robbins and David Carradine) was just a joy to watch. He "shredded" that electric guitar, for lack of a better word. It was a really great experience and I'm thankful to my Aunt Debbie for getting the tickets for my dad! O, by the by, we were in row 18 in the sorta-center. Good stuff. . . I wanted a shirt, but they were $35 so I wised up and chose not to. Do I regret it? Meh, I'm still not sure. O well - at least I still have that $35. . .

- Actually, I don't. Not really. I spent almost exactly that at CIRCUIT CITY today on two movies (KISS KISS, BANG BANG - one of my all-time favorite movies; THE PRODUCERS - a good $10 movie) and then the SoaP soundtrack, as mentioned above. A very good purchase!

- I'm already procrastinating on my homework! I had to go down to the wire on my first English assignment that I had due today! This is not a good sign ha ha!

Well, because of my lack of sleep as of late (like I said, I'm very busy) I've been having trouble functioning during my day. Even though it's now after midnight, I still feel like it's early, so I'm gonna go to bed. I'll do my best to post more often, but I can't promise anything. But I will certinaly make the effort. As long as I post more than Cy, I'll be content :D

Have a good end of the week and a safe weekend!

- - - "Cuz I'm as free as a bird now. . ."
- - - LYNYRD SKYNYRD's "Free Bird"

Laters,

Tired Justin

2 comments:

Cy said...

"As long as I post more than Cy, I'll be content :D"

We'll see about that.

Anonymous said...

WOW top ten all-time list I am sure the Jacksonville boys would smile about that Glad you enjoyed it