Tuesday, August 01, 2006

After-Errand Boredom

Welcome to August, everybody! Two weeks from today marks the One Year Anniversary of A RAMBLER'S RAMBLING. Thanks (taking a bow).

I'm starting to struggle with the absence of my wonderful Heather. Now, I'm not saying that I haven't already struggled with this fact, but today, especially, I felt it. I am at the point where I feel like I just need to talk to her. Hear her voice. Make her laugh. There's a whole lot of reasons why I wish she was here in my arms instead of in Australia. I will not list them all here (that would indeed take too long) but you can catch my drift. I really miss her.

Well, it's been a couple days since I last posted. The reason (of course I have an excuse) was that I was hanging out late last night with a couple friends (Justin and Mallory). Justin actually spent the night at my house last night cuz his family's house is getting it's floors redone, so he can't stay there. The three of us just chatted about all sorts of topics, including the stories of all of the young pregnant people we know - this was our favorite topic of the night. Turns out, there's quite a few people we know who are pregnant. Hmmm... Interesting.

This morning, Justin left for work and I left for some errands with Aimee. We went by the post office (to drop off a Netflix movie I finished), Barnes and Noble(Aimee needed a book for summer reading for school - ha ha - good ol' High School), BAJA FRESH (lunch, of course),Best Buy (the obligatory Tuesday stop - you see, Tuesday is the day that new CDs and DVDs release - I picked up V FOR VENDETTA and then bought two GREAT movies on sale for $5.99 each (HOOK and A FEW GOOD MEN), and then we had to stop by Justin's work (IN-N-OUT) to give him his cell phone, which he had left at my house. We made our way home, then, and from that moment on, my day turned gloomy.

I didn't do a whole lot this afternoon. I was productive on something at home, but I can't mention it here, because if Heather somehow reads it, then the surprise will be spoiled :D (how's that for teasing, baby?). I'm getting ever-closer to completing said project. I'm excited, but would really like to just see it get done already! Patience, young man, patience.

I watched SYRIANA yesterday. This was that political drama that came out last year that garnered George Clooney a Best Supporting Actor Award at last year's ACADEMY AWARDS. Yeah, well, like I mentioned before (or if I haven't here, then I've contended it elsewhere) Clooney was awarded this prize for his collective works in 2005. His role in GOOD NIGHT, AND GOOD LUCK (director, producer, screenwriter, actor) was unawarded (although quite highly nominated) because of the strong opposition. However, I think the Academy gave him this award because of all of his efforts. He certainly didn't deserve it. Both Paul Giamatti (in CINDERELLA MAN) and Matt Dillon (CRASH) gave better performances in my mind and they both were nominated. O well. The movie? It was long, confusing, and way over my head. However, it was intentional (it clearly had an agenda) and made it's point. I always give credit to filmmakers who can make a film that they want to make and for that, I recommend this film.

(Grade: B)


So, I'm done for the night (at least blogging-wise). But, before I go, I wanna give you some picutres that I've found lying around on my computer that I've had for some time. I know I promised them much earlier, but hey, better late than never:

Pictures from the Easter Sunday LAKERS/SUNS game that my dad and I attended


Playoff-hero Tim Thomas (hurts doesn't it Lakers fans?) who is now a traitor (signed an off-season deal with the Clippers). He's big.











Yeah. This picture needs no introduction. . . Jaaaaack!









TIP-OFF baby!!! (Note: My dad is a pretty good photographer turns out. . .)











Shawn Marion was this close!











Kobe "Loser" Bryant (trying out that nickname - does it work?) was that close!





Pictures from Aimee's Middle School Graduation in June




A Thorn Between Two Roses - that's sister Aimee on the left and my wonderful Heather on the right. Love you both girls!













The eldest Gott kids before Aimee ends her Middle School career. Good luck in HS sis!











At Claim Jumper's for my birthday/Mother's Day dinner





Brother Caleb and I actually getting along - it's rare: enjoy!






Hope you enjoyed a little bit o' photographia. It took quite a bit of effort to get them all on here, so definitely enjoy it. You enjoy it! (only if you want - I'm not gonna force you!)

Later all,

JUSTIN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have taken a few good pictures in my day. Thanks for the compliment. It was a compliment wasn't it??