Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Weekend Grab-Bag: The Quotable Version

SO. . .

I trust everyone's weekend was good. See, it's funny. For me, the weekend is Sunday-Wednesday. With my schedule the way it is (Thursday-Saturday), my concept of the weekend has kinda gone a bit astray. Either way, it's Sunday night and time for another installment of A RAMBLER'S RAMBLING. This GRAB-BAG, the 160th post of this here blogging site, will be just like all the others preceding it, in that is in every way unchronological. Enjoy:

- So, work. Yeah, I worked each of the last three nights. I raked in a total of 19 hours this week (exactly, actually - I found humor in that) which is not nearly enough to maintain my present lifestyle, but I'm ok with that. I figure that in the months of September-December, I'm gonna be wishing I was back at this time with nothing to do but complain about my lack of hours. Thus, I'm not complaining about my lack of hours. I made over $50 in tips each night, which isn't great, but it's certainly more than what I walked in there with. I'm content right now with my work situation. Others aren't, but I am. So on both Friday and Saturday nights, my fellow TT closer
Chris and I stayed after clocking out and just shot the breeze with our manager Jennifer. She's really cool and fun to listen to. We just jumped from subject to subject and talked about pretty much everything under the sun. We got outta there both nights around 0100. Yeah, it was later than I had wanted, but it was fun and was interesting. Plus, I got a great quote from Jenn that I shall divulge later. I will owe Jenn some money, cuz I was told I have to pay royalties on something this good. I'm not that rich Jenn!

- I have a very exciting plan for next "my weekend". I'm gonna head to my buddy George's place down in Murietta, CA to stay for a day or so. I'm gonna go down there on Sunday and then come back on Tuesday. It should be fun. He moved down there the first weekend of May. He's working at a
CHICK-FIL-A down there and gonna start school down there too. So, since we haven't hung out in a long time (I wanna say since he moved), I'm gonna go down there and hang out for a day. We're planning on seeing TALLADEGA NIGHTS: THE BALLAD OF RICKY BOBBY while I'm down there, so that should be fun times as well. Looking forward to it even now. . . But speaking of that movie, I saw Will Ferrell on The Tonight Show and he was pretty funny during the interview. He also had a quote that was priceless, and one that you will see at the end of this here post as well. Good stuff. . .

- My parents, Aimee, and my Aunt and Uncle from Maryland got back in town from
VIVA LAS VEGAS on Thursday night. Aimee had a dance convention there and my Aunt and Uncle had met my parents there. Now everyone's back at our house! They had a good time, which is cool. I only wish I could have gone and gambled some of the money that I have. . . Just another year and change Cy. So now that they're here, we did the family outing this afternoon. We went to lunch at, where else, JOHNNY CARINO'S this afternoon after church. It was a really good lunch, though. I'm still full almost seven hours later. Thanks again Pop!

- Been on
Myspace quite a bit the last few days. You know, in less than a week, I have over 100 Profile views! I am so surprised! I think it took me months to get that far the last time I had one. Thanks to everyone who has gone on it! I'm working on learning how to better it. Give me some time.

- I watched
Chasing Amy the other afternoon. This was the last film that I needed to watch to say that I've seen all of Kevin Smith's movies. Now I've seen them all. AMY was good, but not great. It had it's quite hilarious moments, though, and I'll quote them, yep, you guessed it, later. Again, Smith's movies are not for everyone. It takes a special type of person to either get or laugh at his humor. I do. I like his films, no matter how raunchy, odd, or off-the-wall they get. So sue me. Grade: B-

- Aimee and I have been watching a lot of FRIENDS recently. She's now gone through pretty much every episode, but now I'm reenergized about the show. We watch them together and laugh our fool heads off. Chandler, my ever-favorite character, just gets funnier to me. I'm really glad that I have all ten seasons of that show. If I want to watch a specific episode, guess what? I have it!

- I bought all three FINAL DESTINATION films the other day. $10 a movie. Not bad. I've enjoyed all three and I didn't want Cy to be the only one with them, so I splurged. This coming Tuesday
V FOR VENDETTA, my second favorite movie of the year so far, comes out on DVD. Gonna have to pick that one up too. Also, a crapload of movies are on sale this week for less than $10 (some less than $5!) at BEST BUY and CIRCUIT CITY so I'm tempted to spend some more samolians (sound it out) there. ALSO, I'm needing to go to the eyeglasses place tomorrow cuz my sunglasses of four years (at least) are starting to leave a mark on my nose (you know, from the nose piece or whatever) whenever I wear them. I think it's a fixable thing. If not, I might just need to buy a new pair of Ray-Ban's which could cause more money to leave yours truly. We'll see. .

Well, I think that's it for right now. I'll try to post more this week. Maybe some pictures from something or something else. Maybe. . .

- - - QUOTABLE QUOTES:
"It's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass." - Jenn (top notch!)
"I piss excellence and crap patriotism." - Will Ferrell (about his character, Ricky Bobby)
"What's a nubian?" - Banky (Jason Lee) in CHASING AMY
"It's not who you love, it's how." - Holden (Ben Affleck) in CHASING AMY

Night,

JUSTIN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes...Chandler just gets funnier and funnier...i think he would have to be my favorite character too!!!I love laughing our fool head off together...I wouldn't want to with anybody elso but my brother!!! Here is another quote...

"No you can not have my jacket, because then I would be cold."
~~Chandler~~

Oh man...funny stuff