Friday, July 14, 2006

So Many Things, So Frickin' Late!

So you see the post is from Friday, but if you look at the end of this here post, you'll see that it's actually very early on Friday. It's almost 0200 now. Wow. I got a lot on the ol' mind, so if you'll so indulge me, I'd like to rattle off some new fangled information and other interesting tidbits and all that type of jazz...

- The countdown (a very melancholy one) to Heather's departure for "Down Under" is now at less than seven. I'm not sure how I'm gonna do while she's gone. Five weeks is a really long time without seeing the person you love the mostest. I'm also not sure how much we'll even be able to communicate. With the amount of stuff she is going to be doing while on this voyage, she will have limited access to a communicative outlet. Not even talking to my girl - now I have issues. Tonight at work, I was trying to convince a co-worker that I have absolutely nothing to worry about when it comes to Heather being in Australia with good-looking (and, to women, good-sounding) Aussies and an 18-year drinking age. I told him to look at my eyes (completely regular; no dilation, blinking, or redness) and see if he saw fear in them. I also explained that our relationship hinges on a little thing called "Trust". You might have heard of it. The only thing I'm worried about is the level of insanity I'm gonna be reaching by about week three.

- Thanks to the four of you (yes, my friends, I said "four") who commented on my last post. That was such a shot of motivation to continue blogging for awhile! O man I was happy getting those e-mails! Responses: 1) To Mom-mom and Pop - yes it is awesome to have such a wonderful girlfriend. I'm very lucky to have her and I'm even luckier to have had her fit so snuggly into my family. 2) To Dad - yes, you do get a prize. It's called another post :D (and maybe a shake very soon). 3) To Aimee Doots - Thanks for the TIN there. You know my annoyances well. And you're rockin' the b-ball. Keep it up! 4) To Natalia - I think you wanted to have even more Justin blogging to catch up on! Ha!! Welcome back (kinda). Hope San Marcos is treating you well.

- I worked Wednesday night and tonight. Hours: about 13. Dolares: about $170. Breaks: worked through them. Tired: You betcha.

- I just watched the last half of THE 40-YEAR-OLD VIRGIN on HBO. I absolutely love this movie! It's pretty rough in patches (that "R" rating is earned) but what a heartfelt, honest, funny movie! This one is on my All-Time list for Comedies for sure.

- An exciting announcement: Mr. Devin Thomas, the former DESERT CHRISTIAN HIGH SCHOOL Boys Varsity basketball coach and present Girls Varsity basketball coach, has a new second assistant coach for the 2006-07 season. That's right, folks, it's the Rambler himself. With the amount of time and effort I've already put forth this summer into the girls' practices, Mr. Thomas asked me yesterday if I'd like to join his staff during the season. It works out perfectly for all intents and purposes. The season usually kicks into gear around the first and second week of December. This is when my Fall semester (more on that later) ends. Games usually run through January and into the first couple weeks of February. Playoffs usually begin around Valentine's Day. This is when the Spring semester begins. Isn't that awesome!?! SO, when the time comes, I'm going to be able to go into JOHNNY CARINO's and request certain days/times off so that I can be at my other job. That's cool to me. I'm very honored to be asked by my second basketball mentor (the papa is the original teacher) to help him train young ladies in the ways of the force..er.. basketball. Sorry, I got carried away. I'm excited!

- I forgot to mention last time that I also saw PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST last week (along with about half of America). Congrats to the makers and contributors to the film. While the film is not nearly as good as the original (a second viewing in a few hours may shed some new light on it for me - I'm going with Aimee so she can see it and Heather is joining us), the much-anticipated sequel destroyed box office records this past weekend. Overall, it's a mandatory experience if you saw and enjoyed Part I and it's not a tedious necessary assignment. It's fun, exciting, and action-packed (especially the last hour). It ends suddenly (with cliff-hangers and surprises) but that's just a lead-in to next Summer's final film in the trilogy POTC: WORLD'S END (tentative title of course). Good stuff overall. I can't really complain when I get to watch Johnny Depp for two and a half hours (wait, I meant that in a completely and utterly straight manner. . .). Grade: B+

- So I registered for classes for the Fall 2006 semester at ANTELOPE VALLEY COLLEGE on Tuesday. I'm gonna be a busy sonofagun (break it down slowly...) come September (well August actually, but yeah, you get the gist). Here is my schedule: (the H means it's an Honors class and the name is obviously the teacher's name...)

MONDAY
(H) Biology 101 (lecture): 1230-1350 Feickert
Biology 101 (lab): 1415-1720 Riley

TUESDAY
Communications 121: 0930-1050 Carter
History 118: 1100-1220 Jaffe
WEDNESDAY
(H) Biology 101 (lecture): 1230-1350 Feickert
(H) English 102: 1545-1850 Toth
THURSDAY
Communications 121: 0930-1050 Carter
History 118: 1100-1220 Jaffe

Psychology 101 Online

Wow, huh?

- I'm really not that tired and it's now 0230. That'll change in about a half-hour. I'm just predicting, that's all.

- I'm trying to get a picture on here, but it's not working. If I can't figure it out, then here is a link to a really cool set of pictures of a sky that features both a rainbow and lightning strikes. Don't believe me? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=395512&in_page_id=1770

- Roger Ebert is in stable condition after undergoing emergency surgery last week. I am publicly wishing the quintessential film critic a speedy recovery and a million more reviews that I can read eagerly every Friday morning.

- News out of Las Vegas (the sight of one of the NBA Summer Leagues for free agents, undrafted rookies, and rehabbing players) has Amare Stoudemire, the main man in the middle (Actually, all over) for my beloved Phoenix Suns, performing well on his surgically-repaired knees. Good news for me and my boys, who are suddenly becoming the trendy title pick for next season. Let's just hope they don't disappoint (God knows they have done that enough!).

- The song "Wouldn't It Be Nice" by The Beach Boys is the song that most defines mine and Heather's relationship. Just thought you'd like to know.

- Blogging is a lot of work. Especially when I do it. Also just a thought for you...

- I'm looking for a hat store that sells a SUNS hat. I don't know why I want a hat, but I do. No hat store around here sells SUNS hats (I do live just outside of frickin' Los Angeles!) and I don't want to go online and buy one because I don't know my dang head size (only a fitted hat will do). This is my present predicament.

- I got a SEGA GENESIS. Yes, you read that right, and yes, it's still 2006 (not 1996 like you thought when you read that haha). Over the past couple months, you have read that Justin and I have been playing a lot of NINTENDO 64 and some of the older, more-fun games (better graphics does not always equal better gameplay). So, on a sortof whim, I bid on and won a GENESIS package (including 15 games - among them NBA JAM: TOURNAMENT EDITION, MORTAL KOMBAT 2, and STREET FIGHTER 2 - three controllers, and all the plugs/cords) for $47.47 including shipping (and that price is not a joke - I swear it was that exactly!). I have tried out some of the games by myself but it's the multi-player action that I'm really looking forward to. Old school gamin' baby!

- Two "Meh....Crap" movies come out this week (YOU, ME, AND DUPREE and LITTLE MAN) but next week, three films hit the theatres that appear on my Must-See List (CLERKS 2, MY SUPER EX-GIRLFRIEND, LADY IN THE WATER). To quote a great old SNL skit, "Who are the Ad-Wizards who came up with that one?"

- Right now I'm going to go back up to the top of this here post and work my way back down, bolding and italicising where necessary. This is what takes a long time... That took me seven minutes. Told ya.

Well all, I'm pretty spent now. It's just about 0300 on Friday morning and I have to get up in about six hours or so. We'll see if that happens. . . :D

I hope all of you are well and all. I would hate to think that anyone out there who takes the time to read my ramblings would be having just an iffy time of it all. Things must be ok if you can take the time to read my nonsensical nothingness. Thanks by the way for doing so. It's always appreciated!

- - -
- - -

Goodnight (or good morning, actually),

JUSTIN

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I came across your blog randomly because it's next to mine apparently. Anyway, I'm really glad I did because you seem like a fairly terrific person and I've enjoyed reading it a lot. House is my favourite TV show in the universe as well, so it's proved that you have excellent taste. Anyway, looking forward to more posts.
Lotte
(now you have another reader!)

Anonymous said...

Hey Justin: You are going to bed, when Pop and I are getting up. I am taking him to work at 4:30 this morning. Also, don't worry about the Phoenix Suns hat, I will bring you over one next Saturday. We are excited about your new assignment,hope to be able to see at least one game.Send us a schedule. Love you, Pop and Mom-Mom

Anonymous said...

Justin...so pretty much I am always looking to see if you posted a new blog...i absolutely love to read the wonderful rambling of my brother(my hero)

it is friday(finally a break from sports...)

just know that when Heather is gone...I am here whenever...even if it is just getting a Jamba Juice or something...but you will pay :)

I am very very excited about seeing pirates today...i am seeing The Devil Wears Prada on saturday...hoping that is good

well I will see you in a few hours when you wake from your upstairs thrown...I Love You(always remember that)

p.s.
I hope you like my short hair
~Aimee Doots~

Anonymous said...

OK -- I might not check it every day, but when I do I usually read a few weeks worth! I haven't seen you all week, so I figured I'd check in on your blog & see what you've been up to. I'm proud of your Asst. Coach position!!! I told your Dad this morning that I knew you were home because I saw your car out front -- I did wave up the stairs before I left this morning. Hope you have fun tomorrow. Maybe I can get a date night while Heather is gone??? It's been a long time since we did a Boston Market/movie night. Maybe I'll treat! Love you, Mom