Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Weekend Grab-Bag (extended a bit): The Pomona Penny-Pinching Pirate Version

Hello patient readers of this here blog - - - welcome to another. . . . . . GRAB-BAG!

I know it's Wednesday, but give me a little break. Like I said, Heather leaves tomorrow (and yes, I am in denial) for Australia and I have been spending every minute that I possibly can with my better half. Right now, in fact, I'm blogging real fast between dinner with her (and Aimee) and going back to be with her. I gotta get all the Heather I possibly can before she will be about a million miles away (or so it will seem).

So, without further ado, here's what's been going on in my neck of the woods (and not, of course, in chronological order):

- I have been to THE OLIVE GARDEN twice this week. Before this week, it had been about a year since I had been. Wanna know why? Ok, I'll divulge. So Heather and I went there on Monday night for dinner just as a regular date. We both said it had been awhile since we had been there and we also saw a commercial on the television for THE OG (not to be confused with THE O.C. or THE LB) that made us crave breadsticks (yum to the third power). Then, after telling the sister about our dinner the previous night, Heather invited Aimee to dinner there tonight. I got the night off of work (more on work later) so the three of us went there for dinner. I have been completely satisfied with both meals and am now starting to lean back towards THE OG over big bad JC. But don't tell anyone. . .

- Ok, so the Pomona part of the title. Intrigued? Yeah, well it's pretty darn exciting for my wonderful girl. On Tuesday, Barbara (Heather's mom), Heather, and myself went to CAL POLY POMONA to go to a quick meeting she had set up with an advisor of sorts. Barbara and I didn't really have to go, but we're both quite protective of our Heather :D So the meeting went well and it turns out, that Heather will be able to transfer to the school in January of 2007 instead of the Fall of '07 like she had originally thought. CPP, about the same distance from Palmdale as THE LB, is a school that offers a program (Animal Health Science) that CSULB doesn't and that's what Heather is trying to get into. Thus the transfer. She's nervous, excited, and scared (rightfully so) because she just got used to THE LB and would soon be moving to another brand new city. More new roads for yours truly to learn as well. I'm really proud of her.

- And the Penny-Pincher mention? Well last Saturday night Heather and I stayed in and played Scrabble and watched AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER (it's an old movie with Cary Grant - we established that George Clooney is probably this generation's Cary Grant while watching). Chels came home from a beach trip or something like that and declared us "old people" for playing the spelling game and such on a Saturday night. I then established the truth that money is very hard to come by (especially when you work very very little - again, more on that later - dang I'm getting ahead of myself a lot!) and that a little frugality is not all bad. Yes, I did go to THE OG twice this week, but I also won't be buying a dinner for two for the next five weeks (unless Cy and I go out to eat ha ha) so I figured that was ok. The more I save, the more I have, and the sooner I can make it legal and completely publicly known that I love Heather Lynn Acuff! That day, which at this point in time, seems so very far away, especially with the possibility of her going to Veterinarian School after Pomona. That's many years away. . .

- And of course the Pirates! On Friday, Heather, Aimee (who seems to be hanging out with me more and more - I'm not complaining) and I went to an early afternoon showing of POTC: DEAD MAN'S CHEST, the second viewing for the gf and me, but the first for the hermana. She enjoyed herself quite thoroughly and I actually caught a few more things this time around (like that stupid dice game in the middle - I think I figured it out the second time). O, and my favorite lines (it's a push): "Look! (shoots monkey) An undead monkey! Top that!" and "I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it!" (I spose context is important to humor. . .) Well that night we got a hankering for more things PIRATES, so we popped in the first one and watched it that night. That's five hours of Johnny, Orlando, and Keira. We were all quite happy, to say the least. . .

- I helped Cyril there get registered for his classes (he will be attending AVC in the Fall) a couple days ago. Because of some good fortune, we were able to get him into two of my classes, including my BIOLOGY LAB. That will certainly make that three hours go by faster! It will be like high school all over again. Well, except for stupid drama. . .

- Thanks Mom-mom for the SUNS hats. The orange one fits awesomely and I have already established it as my hat of the future. The Rambler is again a hat-wearer after quite a lengthy break (it's been since middle school). I'm excited. This has potential. . .

- So, work? Yeah, well this week I will only be working one day (Saturday) cuz I had to make sure I wasn't working tonight (Heather's last night), tomorrow night (taking them to the airport), or Friday night (preplanned Hollywood trip with Justin). Well, they scheduled me on both Thursday and Friday (my first scheduled Friday in almost three months - this was why I thought plans on a Friday would be ok) so I had to ask for them off after being scheduled. None of the TTs would (or could) switch shifts, so I'm left with one this week. Dangit. .

Well, I do believe that you should be content with this amount. I've gotta go and get back for a few more hours of Heathertime. Time is slipping away quickly. I need a PAUSE button. .

Later y'alls. Tomorrow's depressing post should be interesting. . .

- - - Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley): "There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing."
- - - Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) in response: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

JUSTIN

No comments: