Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Fourth of July Weekend Grab-Bag

Hello all - I'm posting now after a busy weekend that saw relatives come and go through our humble abode as well as me staying out til 0400 in the morning not once, but twice, and culminated in a family movie at the local CINEMARK 22. It's been busy. It's been fun. It's been... awhile since Friday, so bear with me as I try to remember it all :D And because I struggle with my weekend memory (when a lot goes on, it happens), it's gonna definitely follow my usual WEEKEND GRAB-BAG policy: Not chronological :D Enjoy. . .

- Happy Fourth of July by the by. So today was the 230th anniversary of this here country. And America, you don't look a day over 178! (Lame attempt at a joke, I know, but cut me a smidgen of slack please - -) Today I actually slept in til 1300. No, that's not a typo. I'll explain why a bit later (but when you're late to bed, you're usually late to rise), but that kinda threw my day for a loop. I ate a tuna sandwich for lunch (it was yummy) and then the family decided that we were gonna go see CARS at 1550. We did and got out around 1800. The movie you ask? It was pretty good - entertaining at times and funny in parts. But with a running time of over two hours, it kinda drags on in a lot of moments. Besides the boring moments and the at-times sophomoric humor (which can be good at times, but not always - it is a kid's movie though), it follows through like all of the other DISNEY/PIXAR films (o, and stick around during the credits - that's some of the more funny humor in the movie). Grade: B- . . . After the movie, we went back home and I went out back and played a little basketball. When I say I played basketball, what I really mean is that I shot one of those mini-sized basketballs into our hoop at a 7' 6''. This is how I "shoot around". Aimee came out and we played a game of "Around the World" until dinner time. We ate a good dinner (hamburgers, hot dogs, mac and cheese, steak fries, cole slaw - - mmmm) and then later we went out front and tried to view some fireworks. Justin gave me some of those Poppers (ya know, little wrapped-up things of gun powder that "pop" and add a little spark when they hit the ground?) the other night so I brought those out and showed Caleb the fun they can be. That was cool. We also frightened the very skiddish sister with a few of them, which was quite the brother thing to do. Now I'm blogging while watching FRIENDS with Aimee. I've got her hooked. What can I say?

- Well that was today. . . and I'm tired of blogging tonight. Sorry. Let's just say that it was a busy weekend and I'll try a recap tomorrow night after work. Thanks for understanding. . .

Until I can post more,

JUSTIN

No comments: