Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Starting To Go "All-In"-sane

Good evening everyone. It's Wednesday. I'm lonely. It's only been a week without Heather. One down (tomorrow actually). Four to go. Dangit.

So I did the basketball thing again this morning and came home around 1230. After that, I perused the evil empire (that would be MYSPACE) for awhile and then talked to Justin about maybe hanging out this afternoon. We agreed that 1500 would be a good time and I headed over there around then. Manny (Justin's sister's fiance'), Justin, and myself played three games of TEXAS HOLD-EM which took about 3.5 hours. The first two were $5 buy-ins (winner take-all) and I won them both. It felt so good to get back to playing poker (it has been awhile) and winning felt INCREDIBLE!!! So, I won $30 and only spent $10. That was nice. Well Justin was a little bummed with losing, and also only had a limited amount of time before he had to head to school (he goes to the L.A. Recording School. However, Justin wanted to win his money back. He requested we up the antes (well, the buy-in anyway - - we play blinds, not antes) to $10. I agreed (rather hesitantly - I was happy with my money) and ended up losing out to Justin, who excitedly took his money back. We both spent $20 and won $30. Poor Manny lost $20. Bummer for him. . .

Well I came home around 1900 and then watched some of the ol' television. I went out and got some Del-Taco for dinner (four soft chicken tacos and a cheese quesadilla) and brought it home. I put in
ASK THE DUST, a movie I got from Netflix today. It came out in March, and I had wanted to see it then, but couldn't. It was pretty good, but was eerily similar to MOULIN ROUGE, only without those crazy, acid-induced musical numbers. Colin Farrell, as usual, was really good. Meh. I wouldn't recommend it, though. Kinda boring. Kinda pointless. (Grade: C)

I hope everyone's doing well. I'm starting to go a bit crazy. Luckily (yes, I said luckily) I work the next three nights, so I'll definitely be keeping busy (and making money!).

Well, I'm tired. Gonna retire early and get a bit more sleep tonight. Sleep well all - - -

JUSTIN

No comments: