Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Another Grab-Bag: The Scanner Clerkly Version

I'm bored.

My mom, dad, and sister left for Viva Las Vegas early Monday morning and I am at home with the brother and my grandma. There isn't much to do since it's so hot outside and I'm essentially alone in Lancaster (Heather in Australia, Cy in D.C. - he left yesterday - and Justin working a lot and whatnot). I called a few other people but that was to no avail. So, I did the unthinkable. But I'll get to that in a bit. Until then, enjoy another GRAB-BAG folks. That's all I seem to be doing now. I won't meet my goal of 182 posts. O well. Here's post 158 (I think - that's still a lot!) and of course, it's unchronological in nature. . .

- Last Friday night was a lot of fun. In an attempt to preoccupy myself with stuff that did not deal with the thought of Heather being away from me (although she's always on my mind anyway), I had bought tickets a couple weeks ago to attend a showing of CLERKS 2 at Arclight for Justin and I. The awesomeness of it all was that Kevin Smith, yes SILENT BOB himself, was going to be doing a Q&A following the film!!! Well Justin and I headed down a bit early so we could go see A SCANNER DARKLY, which was playing exclusively at ARCLIGHT. So we saw that at 2015, got out around 2200, and then went to AMOEBA MUSIC for a half hour or so (I bought DOGMA and two stand-up comedy DVD's including a Dave Chapelle one) and then got back to ARCLIGHT for the 2245 showing of Clerks 2. After the movie ended (around 0030), Kevin Smith talked for over an hour!!! Justin and I didn't get out of the parking garage until 0200 and didn't get back to his house til almost 0300. We went to sleep pretty quick and then woke up the next morning and played SEGA for a few hours. I ended up going home to get ready for work (dang work) but it was a really good time that got my mind on other things for a bit o' time. Thanks bud...

- I worked Saturday night. I closed and got less than $50. Work sucks right now.

- The "unthinkable" that I've done is (get ready for it - it's a HUGE thing!) . . . gotten a new MYSPACE! O snaps! Yes, friends, it's true, I've dived back into the world of free online communication that now holds over 90 million people (yes you read that right). Both by the desire to catch up with old friends (mostly the ones I met while in Downey) and a chance to expand the reach of my BLOG here, I have gone back to sell my soul to Tom (if you know about Myspace, then you know about Tom). O well. . .

- On Sunday I got a chance to hang out with both Mallory and Cy, which was cool. Cy was getting ready to leave for D.C. (he needed to pack) but he made some time for his friends. He's so nice :D

- O, you probably want some movie reviews, huh? Well, looking back on the films, I liked them both, but I liked one more: CLERKS 2. Kevin Smith is a genius. I laughed out loud many times, but it was more of a heartfelt effort by Smith this time around (except for the whole donkey show thing ha ha). Excellent picture that's truly only for true Smith fans; everyone else BEWARE! (Grade: B+) SCANNER was weird. It was trippy. It was confusing beyond anything I've seen in awhile. I think it had a point. I'm still not sure. However, based solely on the hilarious performances by Robert Downey, Jr. and Woody Harrelson, I give this film a solid (B-).

- You know, I'm pretty tired from all this computer business (I've been on it for awhile). I'm gonna go ahead and go to bed. . .

Night all you (now) fellow-Myspacers,

Baby J (you'll see)

1 comment:

English Good One said...

hey, i like your blog!