Friday, December 30, 2005

What Can I Say?

But I'm sorry. . .

It has been a week that has been filled with coughing, working, and business. Since that is the case, I will give you a so-called WEEK GRAB-BAG, though brief, cuz I will be taking second breaks to cough about every other second. It sucks being sick. But you'll see. . .

I will go in a chronological way, as that is gonna be easiest for me. And that's what I consider important :D

MONDAY:
- This was the day after Christmas. I slept in a bit, but not too late (I woke up at 0915 or so) and then went to see MUNICH with my dad and uncle. It was a great film with great performances and was quite powerful. Grade: B+. After that, we went to IN-N-OUT and then headed home. After that, I really can't remember what happened. Remember, this was four days ago. Give me a break.

TUESDAY:
- Heather's birthday. I went and played basketball in the morning with the guys over at the high school. This was from 0800 to 1115. I then went home and got all of my stuff together (including maps, clothes, and dinner plans) for the night ahead. Heather came over in the afternoon and then we did her birthday with my family (gifts for Heather). I got showered and dressed (real cool looking - blue shirt, black pants, my fave tie, and my wingitps) and then took Heather to her house. She got ready and we were off for Los Angeles. We got a hold of Chelsea who was down at ARCLIGHT with a friend and planned to meet up for dinner. Well, the place I had picked out for dinner (off the internet) turned out to be closed til the New Year, so that didn't work out. We ended up parking by the PANTAGES (much earlier than I'd wanted) and walking to a New York-style Pizza place for dinner. After that, we separated and Heather and I went in to the beautiful (probably the second most beautiful thing that night - you figure out the number one thing . .) PANTAGES Theatre for the performance of IRVING BERLIN'S WHITE CHRISTMAS. It was fun, fantastic, and actually quite funny. I loved it, but more importantly, Heather totally dug it and had a great time. We got home pretty late and then I headed home for the night, happy with the present that I got her. Happy 19th my Heather!

WEDNESDAY:
- Slept in quite late and then I don't really remember what I did til work at 1630. Work was okay I guess. I fear that it's gradually getting worse. I'm gonna start looking for a new job after the New Year and then look for an opportunity to quit at a time when I need to be there. This would be perfect: I'm working alone in the morning at the host stand and Charlie is the manager on duty. Once it starts to get busy, peace out! That would be sweet! O man, how I would love that. We'll see though. After work, I went to Heather's and stayed the night on their couch, as my family had gone to Ventura for a couple days. They had off of work and wanted a vacation and I couldn't get my work off. Bummer. I didn't feel like sleeping in an empty house, so I stayed at Heather's. It was just better that way.

THURSDAY:
- Woke up pretty early and hung out at Heather's house til after 1200 while she did chores and such. She even washed/cleaned my car for me! Her and Chelsea were doing their respective cars and they did mine too. Thanks! I went home, showered, and made some Mac and Cheese. I watched AN EVENING WITH KEVIN SMITH, or at least the first 2 hours of it (it's 3.5 hours long!) and laughed so much, which was followed by much coughing. I went to work at 1700 and got off at 2200. I went to Heather's til 2330 and then headed home to sleep. Quiet house. It's kinda nice, but definitely lonely.

FRIDAY:
- Today. I woke up around 1030 and stayed in bed til after 1100. I showered, had breakfast, browsed the Net, watched some TV, had lunch, and then put on more of the KEVIN SMITH thing. Heather came over around 1400 and we began a HOUSE marathon, watching 2 full episodes that we had TIVO'd. We have 2 more to watch. We're almost caught up. Well, I have been coughing SO much, despite the "help" of Robitussin and Dayquil so I called in sick. I didn't think I could work tonight, especially since I would have had to close. That would not have been a good night. Instead, Heather and I welcomed my family home, ordered pizza from NICK'S, watched JEOPARDY and WHEEL OF FORTUNE with the fam, and then watched CASABLANCA together. Fantastic film. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and sit down with it. Humphrey Bogart is quite possibly the most awesome man in the history of movies.

Well that was my week. It's been just crazy! Now I'm going to bed and staring a New Year (2006 folks. Believe it!) in the face. More on this in the WEEKEND GRAB-BAG, hitting the World Wide Web on Sunday night. That post will also be the 100th issue of A RAMBLER'S RAMBLING and I'm very impressed with myself for holding on this long. Let's hope for another 100. Right??? Thanks to all who keep up on my life - I truly appreciate it folks - -

Goodnight all,

- - - "Here's looking at you kid."
- - - Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart) in CASABLANCA

JUSTIN

No comments: