Thursday, December 15, 2005

Not Much to Report

My days have been spent mostly in my room playing MADDEN or, well, no that's about it. I am up through week 12 in my PRO level season and am sitting at 9-2. My stats aren't nearly as high, but at least I'm winning ball games. Wait a minute! It doesn't matter cuz it's just Video Games! Now I remember. But seriously, it's been fun to play a bit and I do enjoy it very much. I got almost caught up on "THE O.C." this afternoon, and now I am only 2 episodes behind.

I still can't eat a whole lot. Today I ate soup, scrambled eggs, penne noodles with some marinara sauce and chopped up chicken. That's right folks, chopped up chicken.

Heather comes home tomorrow for her break! I'm so excited! Tomorrow is also ALUMNI Chapel at Desert Christian High School, but I don't think I'll be attending. I don't really feel like being gone for a half of a year is long enough to attend said chapel. Plus, I really didn't have THAT many friends, so it would be mostly small talk with people I have no interest in talking to. I'm totally fine with not going. Plus, my mouth still hurts a little bit, so that'll be my other excuse besides simply not wanting to go. So sue me. I've only graduated this year! I don't need to be there, so I won't be there.

Some sad news: A DCHS graduate (2004) died on Monday in a car accident involving only his car and a power pole. Mike Bowers was a nice guy who I did know, and did have a few conversations with. He always did lighting and/or sound for Mrs. Sparks in the Drama Department and "Butch" (as he was called by his friends) had great potential. There was an article in today's paper about his death and I just get pissed off when I read stuff like this. Yes, it's very sad. My mom said something about God's plan for Mike and how Satan was messing with the plan thru his death or something like that. It seems to me like Mike's life was only supposed to be nineteen years long, and you know what? That sucks. It's not right. This guy had the promise of a great future and now it doesn't matter what his future was looking like because he is dead. To me, it seems like God's plan for Mike was to bless his friends and family through his first almost-twenty years and then leave them to mourn over what could've been. Seems like a raw deal to me. Death just confuses me, especially the death of people who are young of age. I just hope that his family is able to pull through this ok (they usually do in these situations) and that his friends are able to cope with the loss. Rest in Peace Mike - -

All of a sudden, my mouth doesn't hurt so much. . .

Saddened,

JUSTIN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your mother was correct in her analysis of the death of your friend. God is saddened even when the wicked die, much more so when the righteous die. The last enemy to be destroyed is death.