Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A Lowering of the Ears

Anyone ever heard this comment in regards to a certain action? I had it done today. Try to figure it out til I tell you. And yes, you will be quizzed later. . .

So I woke up this morning at 0900 when my mom called me to wake me up. I proceeded to fall back asleep til 0945 when I sprung (anyone else thing of SIR MIX-A-LOT when I said sprung?) out of bed. I got dressed rapidly and got to the place of mouth Hell by 1000 where my mom was already waiting. We were in the waiting room for bout a half hour and then went to another room and waited for about 10 more minutes. Waiting isn't fun, but I did get to chat with my mom, something I haven't done in a while. The Oral Surgeon guy came in and checked my craters and said that my mouth looked good and that I was free to go. Thanks bub. 45 minutes of waiting for not even 45 seconds of payoff. I understand though. Not like I was doing anything else at that time.

After that I went to the BARBER SHOP to get my hair cut (or ears lowered, as some have been known to call it). While I waited my turn I went over to BLOCKBUSTER and did some brief Christmas shopping, picking out some entertainment gifts for a couple people (I will be VERY vague when it comes to Christmas gifts and their purchases - no hints!) as well as two movies for myself: CRASH (Finally!) and BATMAN BEGINS. They were having a sale again of 3 DVD's for $25 so I got a total of six movies. You do the math. Good thing I bussed those tables. .

After my haircut (a number 5 blade all the way around) I went home and showered. This is the only natural thing to do following a haircut. Then I got ready for work and headed to Palmdale. I met Justin, Emily, and Mallory at BAJA FRESH and we hung out and chatted for awhile. Mal left and then it was just me and the couple, and we ended up catching up all the way til I had to go to work. It was nice to talk and I am grateful for that time we spent talking. Thanks guys!

I got to work at 1500 and was set for a busy night. It didn't start getting busy (ha I laughed when I typed that) til about 1730 and Erin (manager who doesn't like me) came up and assisted me and the other host. She really didn't need to do so, but another body certainly made everything quicker. We stayed busy til I left at 2100 after my 6 hours of work.

I was hungry and had been craving ol IN-N-OUT ever since I had gotten my wisdom taken (this is how I refer to my oral surgery) so I went to the Palmdale IN-N-OUT to get a burger before heading to Heather's. Well it just so happens that Justin works there and was just going on his half-hour break when I pulled up. Thus, I ate my 3 x 3 (yes that is self-explanatory) with him during his break. This was pretty fun as we just related work and stupid manager stories. I left him and got to Heather's at 2130 or so. The remainder of the night was spent catching up with my lovely girl who I have not really seen since Sunday morning. She told me all about her last two days (very eventful) and then we discussed Christmas and our plans for the next week (also VERY eventful). I just got home about 15 minutes ago and hopped on the computer and am now doing this.

But now I'm tired so no more blogging tonight. I'll leave you with a completely irrelevant quote from Conan O'Brien, but a hysterical one at that. Thank you and goodnight. . .

- - - ''Good news: It’s been reported that Mary-Kate Olsen has gained 20 pounds. The bad news: Ashley Olsen is missing.'
- - - CONAN O'BRIEN on THE LATE NIGHT SHOW WITH CONAN O'BRIEN

NiGhT aLl,

JuStIn

No comments: